Trying once again!

Options
2»

Replies

• babyxfangs
    babyxfangs Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Your story is so similar to mine. I'm 27, 5'7 and 265lbs. I added you as a friend so we can do this together!
  • alc649
    alc649 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Great! Thanks for the support.would love to do it together :) I have a question- so I have like 900 calories left,should I eat a candy bar? I feel guilty because it's a "bad" food but I know I'll still be within my calorie limit and I'm going to go for a walk tonight
  • HuskyGent
    HuskyGent Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    alc649 wrote: »
    Great! Thanks for the support.would love to do it together :) I have a question- so I have like 900 calories left,should I eat a candy bar? I feel guilty because it's a "bad" food but I know I'll still be within my calorie limit and I'm going to go for a walk tonight

I frequently have the same debate with myself.
    I've had a pretty good deficit day, and there is a bag of M&Ms in the next room calling to me.

I decided that they should stay where they are and I might indulge myself with a nice thick Porter after work tomorrow. Yum :smiley:
  • alc649
    Options
    Heh well I went ahead and ate the kit Kat and I'm still drinking water.going for my walk now!
  • ambitiousclaire
    ambitiousclaire Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    alc649 wrote: »
    So it's day 1 and I'm starving! Eating a banana now so that helps and walked on my lunch break for a little bit.I've been drinking water alot and been peeing like every 10 minutes!lol planning on going groceries shopping so I can get some fruit and veggies to snack on. I have a question though. Since I weigh 280 it says I should be getting 2,300 calories..that seems like a whole lot..do you guys think that's accurate?

I'm about the same size as you & I'm currently living a paleo lifestyle. The beginning is always tough but now that I've been doing it I have less cravings for bad food & I'm full a lot longer. Sometimes I'm full for hours & have to force myself to eat, I scare myself. But, I know my body is functioning properly & improving because I have a lot more energy & feel great. Try to eat avocado, nuts & pinterest is also a great place for ideas!
  • ambitiousclaire
    ambitiousclaire Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    cuci1977 wrote: »
    I haven't really left. but I have put 10 kg back since last summer. Lost my motivation, and now since I put so much weight on I get upset and I eat even more. Its a circle not sure how to get out of it.

I definitely get what you're saying, you can do anything you put your mind to just believe in yourself. I've reached the point where I'm sick and tired of being out of shape so I'm holding myself accountable for gaining all this weight. Just take it one day at a time!
  • Sammiedoe2292
    Sammiedoe2292 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Trying once again.... need friends for motivation as well..... lol feel free to add me! :-)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I've collected several friends on mfp, many of whom haven't logged in for several months. How can I provide support, accountability, or support if you won't log in? If you're asking for friends, please be resolved to hold up your end of that deal. We're all fallible humans, and the 'life happens' events which knock you off track are no more shameful, not shameful at all, than the 'life happens' events which knock us all off track. Part of 'support' is admitting how much you need it, so log in daily.
  • Michzp
    Michzp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on that Jerome - although I have to admit I have not been too good about logging.....or eating. This morning I have woken up and I feel like a blimp on steroids. I HAVE TO GET BACK TO THIS LOGGING, I am a bad emotional eater and it does help to have to stop and think "hey if I eat this chocolate after gobbling that packet of chips I have to log it".
  • alc649
    Options
    Think I'm going to post some before pictures tonight. Anyone and everyone should join me who are just starting out!