Diet Restrictions you place on yourself?

Options
13»

Replies

• rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I avoid salty snacks (mainly chips) and packaged sweets (cookies, cakes, candy, chocolate bars). I could binge on all of those items.
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My only restriction while I was losing weight was to cut out pastry. I adore it, I would eat two Cornish pasties on the trot, pork pie, Snake & Pygmy, I had no self control :D Soooo I stopped eating it for about 8 months.
    Now I find I can eat a sensible sized portion without hankering after more, so problem solved.

As far as other foods went, I ate whatever I fancied as long as I was within my calorie intake.

At the moment I'm upping my protein intake and cutting carbs somewhat with all the associated restrictions and additions.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I restrict alcohol. I didn't cut it out completely, but now I only allow myself 1-2 drinks a week. Not that I drank a ton of alcohol before, but I participate in local brewery runs so I was having 2-3 beers about 3 times a week.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Balance for health and wellness is my only restriction. I don't have any other specific rules, I evaluate each meal or snack individually based on what I've eaten in the recent past.
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Limit carbs.
    Watch my calories.
    Very little processed food.
  • brandie1984
    brandie1984 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have tried a number of 'diets' or ways of eating most recently the whole 30. But I find as soon as it is over I have a treat... and another and another. I realize it is my way of thinking I need to change and focus on health rather than weight loss. It is just difficult.