Eating Out/Fast Food "Cheat Sheet" Tip

Hey!

I tried something a little different yesterday that worked out really well. My goal is to gain weight, and I've found some doughnuts are easy to eat and calorific. So, while doing my homework on the Dunkin Doughnuts website, I sorted their nutritional information by calories. (It naturally categorizes them by item type.) *This should also work nicely for those looking to increase certain macros, or sort by lowest cal options.*

I started with the highest cal items and listed what looked interesting to me on a piece of scratch paper, with calorie content, item name, and sugar/protein content. Also included are a few things that weren't necessarily high calorie, but might tempt me during a stop.

Then I transferred these to an index card. It looks something like this:
16264pmtbh5q.jpg

P.S. Please steal this jpg if it is helpful to you.

When I went inside the restaurant, of course, not all of the options that I wrote were available or looked appealing, but I still felt empowered in making choices that suit my diet, and it took a lot of uncertainty about logging and ordering right out of the picture.

What do you think? Do you use a similar system for nutrition or food allergies? Please share!

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Love the idea. I used to LOVE eating out, now I dread the heck out of it!
    Did a quick search and there are several apps for both ios and android that will do that sort of thing.
    Thanks for the inspiration!