Scale won't budge, but...

Options
caitlinrn83
caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
So this isn't my ultimate success story, because I'm definitely still a work in progress. But like so many of us, I want the numbers on the scale to move. Go down. Budge already. And they just. weren't moving.
Fortunately, I had taken measurements when I started my running and weight lifting journey, and even though the number on the scale hasn't really budged, the numbers on the tape measure were a different story.

8 inches from my hips, 6 inches from my waist.

I know that there are plenty of people like me that want that scale to move, but always remember that the scale is just a number. My journey has a long way to go, but numbers like that after 9 weeks of the c25k program and three weeks of Body Pump, something is working!

Replies

• mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Great job! Any validation is a boost to keep the journey going!
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You have such a great attitude towards your vicory...hoping it rubs off on me :) I get so fixated on the scale...good job for you!
  • caitlinrn83
    Options
    You have such a great attitude towards your vicory...hoping it rubs off on me :) I get so fixated on the scale...good job for you!

I've tried to diet/lose weight so many times in the past, and it's so easy to get frustrated, which then, for me, turns into giving up because..what's the point??
    This time, I'm trying to be gentle on myself-i didn't gain weight overnight, and I'm not going to lose weight overnight. Little losses...baby steps.
    Thank you!!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yay! In my opinion recomposition of body is far better than what the scale says. Seems like pretty intense routine you have so I'm glad you tracked those measurements.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Would love my scales to move more regularly, as I'm waiting for surgery and need to get to a certain BMI before they'll book me in, regardless of my actual 'size'. The tape measure is telling a different story though, the inches are falling off, which, whilst excellent news, is so frustrating because I need the scales to move as well!!! Give it a week and the scales will move again and the tape measurement slow down, but its so annoying at times.
  • caitlinrn83
    Options
    @chatterbox3110 are you trying to have bariatric surgery? I've found that a bunch (not all, but a bunch) of patients who are looking to have surgery end up realizing that they can lose weight when they're attempting to stick to the plan to qualify for surgery! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!