Thursday Struggles - What Day of the Week Do You Dread?

Options
peaceout_aly
peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
What is your most anxious day of the week? The day that you really lack motivation and have to push yourself to get through.

For me, it's Thursday. I have a three-hour commute M-Th, plus I hit the gym for 30-minutes cardio and 40-60 minutes of lifting every day except Sunday. Thursday evening after I get home, I like to fully clean everything (the bathrooms, the windows and mirrors, vacuum the whole house, clean the floors...I do it all!) so that I'm not distracted on Friday (yes, I tend to be a little bit OCD...so what!?) Doing all of this after a pretty heavy gym load, 8-hour work days and a crazy commute always has me feeling pretty anxious by the time Thursday rolls around. Currently trying to make a "mini plan" to get it all done in a timely manner, have time to eat and spend a little time with my love and my pups before bed. On the bright side, I'm pretty excited to switch up my Friday routine a little bit...going to wake up early and weed the garden out front (always feels good to cross something off the to-do list that you've been putting off for a while), make waffle breakfast sandwiches and hit the gym later in the evening for heavy legs + cardio so I have time to "rest" while I'm working from home. Always a silver lining!

What is your most dreaded day of the week? How do you get through it and stay positive? Share your thoughts and personal experiences!

Replies

• robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Monday lol, there's nothing else that needs to be said.
  • peaceout_aly
    Options
    robs_ready wrote: »

I figured that was going to be the answer I received the most! I actually don't mind Monday. I always "reward" myself with coffee to get me through the day though, so I'm energized and get the week off to a productive start
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Monday. I hate Monday's because it ruins my Sunday evening by forcing me to stop partying. Damn you Monday, damn you to hell!!!!
  • peaceout_aly
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    Monday. I hate Monday's because it ruins my Sunday evening by forcing me to stop partying. Damn you Monday, damn you to hell!!!!

Try rewarding yourself with a "treat" like coffee in the morning to make you dread it slightly less! Anything works!
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options

I figured that was going to be the answer I received the most! I actually don't mind Monday. I always "reward" myself with coffee to get me through the day though, so I'm energized and get the week off to a productive start

Ah it's not that, coffee is great, but it's the thought of returning to work that gets me. Im learning to change my mind frame towards it
  • SilverSheWolf55
    SilverSheWolf55 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yep, Monday seems to be the "anxious" day. After a two day week end, Mondays are hard to get back to work. I have a desk job...feel like I am literally "ball and chained" to. Knowing I have no freedom to get up and move really puts a damper on things. And coffee just doesn't seem to get me through that process.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Mine is tough. It's technically Friday because nobody in this office does anything on Friday except sniff their fingers like baboons. The problem is, that makes for an enjoyable, easy day but causes for too much work to be done on Monday. So I want to say Monday, but it's all Friday's fault.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Weekends. My meals aren't structured because my schedule isn't.
  • peaceout_aly
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Get you one of those househusband

HAHA I wish! My guy works from home, but I get pride out of being the "homemaker"
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Trash day.

Sneaky trash men, just when you think you have their schedule down they show up early.
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Friday is tough for me. Newly single trying to get use to being alone on the weekends again.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Every day