Returning...could use some motivation

Options
cgrout78
cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
I need to get better at food tracking and making healthier choices. I have a love of craft beer, bbq, and pizza, plus a wicked sweet tooth and they all KILL me. I also love lifting weights, and so if you're a lifter, that would be awesome.

Replies

• acnoyes
    acnoyes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    All of what you said resonated with me, including the lifting weights on the good side of the equation! Happy to be part of your motivation process!
  • mysticwryter
    mysticwryter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Girl, I'm a sucker for some good BBQ and craft beer! So when I say I feel for you, I FEEL FOR YOU!!

I would start doing a minimal restriction on your food intake, start with -250 then bump up to the maximum of 500. Don't go over that because it can risk your body to go into starvation mode.
    Now, I've done a bit of weight lifting but can you elaborate? Are you into clean and jerk stuff or just for toning?
    If you are into the real big heavy lifting, then I would suggest to re-evaluate what you are eating. Depending on what you are doing, you could be eating more protein than what you need to, fats maybe too high, etc. Check your Macros (Carbs, Fat, Protein) and when you do a fitness profile, (it's in your settings under the My Home tab)....if you have done it before, that's a good place to start.

#2 I'm a big advocate of it but you need to Hydrate. If you aren't bulking or anything, water is your best friend. It will help flush the toxins, fill your belly when you are craving, and it helps with bloat and you'll start to see inches come off. Also if you are a big tea drinker, Green Tea is amazing! Don't add the sugar into (if you want a bit of honey, that's fine, but just a bit). The Green Tea helps you burn fat and gives you a kick of caffeine.

#3 for craving sugar/sweets, that is a battle within itself (my kryptonite is M&M Peanuts) . If you need to re-balance your insulin from all the sugar, eat a grapefruit. It's got the sugar necessary for your body (and it's not refined) and it helps regulated your insulin production so you won't crave sugar as much.

My husband got into the trainer stuff for a while and did A LOT of research. I've done a bit myself but for my own situations that came about (post-pregnancy weight, toning and endurance) plus being in the military, I've gotta keep at what I'm doing.

Those are just some tips that can help you along the way. Hope they provide some insight.
    Good luck!