What's getting in your way?

Options
2»

Replies

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    How long i still have to go. Just looking at how much i still have to lose makes me want to quit.

So true. It's like, "I'll never get to where I want to be, so why bother?" But then I have to remind myself of how far I've come, and if I can get this far than I can definitely go farther.

Before I started my journey, the thing holding me back was my mental health. I'm bipolar, and until I got my meds in order I was in no shape to work on diet and exercise. Luckily I was able to get to a place where I felt good enough to start, and since then I've discovered new ways to battle my depression and anxiety with exercise.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Not really much, just being tired. Tired of doing this lol. I only have about 10 pounds to reach my goal, but this means I basically can't cheat like ever these days. Or if I do, it's a pretty moderate cheat and the deficit is getting really hard to maintain and there's no room for error like AT ALL. And it's summer and everyone is having barbecue and ice cream and UGH. :)
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I would have to say lack of sleep making it so I don't work out because I am too tired, making my anxiety worse which in turn makes me emotional eat.
  • Hoopah
    Hoopah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lack of motivation... It's a struggle to get out of bed at 5am to go to the gym. Plus, the gym intimidates me.... I'm working on it though...
  • DaniettaF
    DaniettaF Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Zombella wrote: »
    I would have to say lack of sleep making it so I don't work out because I am too tired, making my anxiety worse which in turn makes me emotional eat.

I can also relate to this :/
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    My weakness is FOOD!!! I :love: it!!! I've recently lost 100+ lbs & am only 5lbs away from my goal. I was on a "restricted" diet (bad 4 letter word there) for 12 weeks. So when I got off if it, I stuffed myself with many foods I wasn't able to eat. Fortunately, I work out 5 days a week so I stay within the +/- 5 lb range. I notice that I tend to eat bad when I don't meal plan. When I was on the plan, I got to cheat every 2 weeks. Now I have a cheat item every day. :cry:
  • Datarn
    Datarn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have relaxed all that I was doing - with eating and with exercise. So - time to get back to it. I got tired of the daily tracking and counting and just focusing so much on this. But it is the only way it works for me.
  • jlaw_1992
    jlaw_1992 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Now I have a cheat item every day. :cry:

When I first tried getting over certain foods that I had a problem overeating(peanut butter being a really good example), I made a point to plan it into my budget at least once a day, sometimes more. My "cheat" items were never unhealthy things, though. They were normally nuts and nut butters. I now eat almond butter every day to keep the urge to binge on it at bay. I was so surprised by how much it helped.

For me, what holds me back is my long-term dependence on food to deal with stress. I've come a long way in tackling that problem, though. I stopped calorie counting for months to deal with that specific issue. Now I feel I'm strong enough to move on from it and start counting calories again. It was hard to try to lose weight while tackling a specific issue that wasn't helped by the tracking. It was better to just focus on food quality and eating enough fruits and veggies. Now I can carry on and not have to worry about derailing my own progress or throwing my day out the window because I ate a little too much.

• exact0ninja
    exact0ninja Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think my issue is stress and the energy it zaps from me. To combat this, I've switched to morning workouts so I don't have to go to the gym after a grueling day of work.
  • nursecasg
    nursecasg Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Mine is the stamina. I have been on mfp and lost all weight then saw it as an end gaining it all back and then some. Maintenance is so very important, even more so than losing. Take it from me!
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Not a thing. I am no longer my enemy. I am my own best friend and caretaker.