Caloric Intake/Output

Options
2»

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Then I guess I'll need to start focusing on greater consumption because I think cutting my output wouldnt be smart since I'm trying to increase stamina and efficiency.

Then for sure do not stop exercising. I got hit by a car while doing hill repeats on my bike last fall, spent three months recovering, saw a massive drop off in my power, especially beyond 20 or 30 minutes. (This isn't what you asked but I'd also suggest spending 80 % of your exercise time at moderate intensity and the other 20 % full out, if you're not already.)

I make a smoothie after a hard workout, raspberries, protein powder, milk, peanut butter, they're nutritious calorie bombs.
  • jwhittyworth
    jwhittyworth Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    mcginger1 wrote: »
    My favorites are sweet potatoes (plain), quinoa (or other whole grains), sauteed kale and roasted veggies (prepped with a little olive oil, salt & pepper).

(Having the same issues as you, so following this thread...)

These are all amazing for you but have low calories. We need to find something that's both nutritious and heavy lol
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Other then adding more fruits/vegs to my diet, what I eat didn't really change that much. I just eat less of it and plan better. For example, I knew that tonight I would be having a burger, fries and milkshake. So I planned my eating for the rest of the day around that. And still get to have have a cookie & milk before bed, just less milk and a smaller cookie :) .
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Mfp is designed for you to eat back the exercise calories. If you are hungry then you definitely should because you need to fuel your workouts. I would start out eating about 50% of the exercise calories and then after about 4 weeks reevaluate. If you are losing more than 1 pound a week you should be able to eat back more of the exercise calories. I usually eat about 80% of mine. I would try to net at least 1500 to make sure you are getting all the nutrients you need.

^^ agree
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Should I eat more? Should I work out less? Both seem counter-intuitive. And since I don't feel low on energy, should I just keep doing what I'm doing?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Been there too. I have had weeks I bust it on the workouts and can't even eat enough to meet caloric intake goals. I never worried about that because conversely I have plenty of week I feel I can't eat enough and go over.

Calories are like the pirates code. It's more like a guideline than a hard line. Don't go over much if at all. Don't worry about being under, but don't go too far under to make sure you have energy over the week.

• Maria_Fatima
    Maria_Fatima Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Listening to your body is the most important. If youre not tired or hungry, it's okay.