My Transformation, Criticism welcome

Options
2»

Replies

• nickisalpha123
    nickisalpha123 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Regarding cheat days, I would take a day where I felt weak in the gym and overall weak energy levels at work, I would take it easy that day and maybe go to a restaurant or go out or just splurge with friends and I would up the calories to 5000, and change macros to 15% protein 65% carbs and 20% fats. I would have one of these a month. Regarding cheat meals , I would eat a meal wherever I want it as long as it hit my calories of 2800 or less never more and try to hit my standard macros I mentioned above. 1 cheat day a month and 3 cheat meals a month. I felt that those cheat meals helped me start up and boost my metabolism. As this was happening I did carb cycle towards the last 5 weeks when my body fat was less than 10%
  • nickisalpha123
    Options
    This is what worked FOR ME, I'm not advocating it but if you have any questions feel free to message me or reply here and I'll get back to you guys as soon as possible
  • nickisalpha123
    Options
    One more thing, for the first month and a half I tried to put on as much muscle as possible , with the rwmainder of the time I was losing around 3-5 pounds a week which was a stupid strategy because I lost all the hard earned muscle which I put on. I did have previous lifting experience this wasn't my first time in the gym and if I had to give advice now, take your time and don't rush your transformation, aim to lose 1-1.5 pounds a week at most or else muscles will be lost :(
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips :smile:
  • jaimee0524
    jaimee0524 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    awesome!!! love your dedication!!!
  • nickisalpha123
    Options
    Never ever give up guys! Good luck
  • nickisalpha123
    Options
    kate141987 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    kate141987 wrote: »
    Proud may not be the right word. But I am happy the way tmy clothes look on me now! Just going to the gym 5x a week and cardio everyday on treadmill walking uphill and mindful eating!

The gym 5x a week and cardio everyday?? Wow you are dedicated I take my hat off to you lol I was visiting the gym 2x a week and suffered from DOMS so I couldn't move for like 3 days lol
    This isn't uncommon for people who love to workout though. 5 times a week for some could be just 30 minutes to an hour a day. Some will go up to 2 hours a day.
    Personally I've been going to the gym to workout 5-6 times a week for about 30 to lift and have just added daily cardio the last 12 years for about 30 minutes. And I've been training for over 30+ years. I just haven't changed my eating much since I'm not trying to gain or lose weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Yeah I'm starting to realise that a lot of people do visit the gym almost everyday and you can really see the results. I guess it's enjoyable constantly working on your body and making improvements

I really need to get back to the gym !!
    Usually the time in the gym is exponentially proportional to the time that it takes to reach low levels of body fat.