No period=Ashamed of Weight Loss. What to do.....

Options
13»

Replies

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    See a physician or someone at Planned Parenthood/a women's health clinic. I'm also going through the same situation (haven't had a period since late July, my BMI is at the midpoint in the healthy range, getting about 2 hours of very light -walking- exercise a day and eating around 1800-2100kcals), and simply not having Flo every month really plays with your mind. Though I hate to laugh about it, I'm saving quite a bit by not having to buy a ton of girly products every month (and part of me questions whether I should be complaining).

For me, all my girly hormones are "normal" when compared to each other (my LH was low, but since my FSH was normal they cannot say it's something wrong with the pituitary causing the lack of menses, PCOS was ruled out, it's not early menopause), so now I'm waiting to see what my thyroid tests say before I followup with an OB-GYN instead of my primary/endocrinologist (I had issues with abnormally high TSH levels with my diabetes diagnosis a few years ago and am waiting to see if my thyroid is being whacko again and somehow causing the menses issue).