Just moved and need new fit squad!

Hello! My name is Katie and I just moved cross country from Colorado to Florida. It would be awesome if I could find people locally, but I'll take anyone who is motivated and positive!

A little about myself:
I'm 31, married and I have a 15 month old daughter who usually joins me on my workouts. I really enjoy cycling and I'm currently training for my first half marathon in October.

My weight problems started later in high school when my bad eating habits caught up with me. I went from 140 to about 180 by the time I graduated. After school, I served in the Navy and lost 40lbs while in bootcamp. Throughout my 4 years of service though...I slowly gained back the weight due to horrid food and drink choices. By the time I went home I was almost back at 180lbs. I was able to briefly get back down to 150lbs...that was about 4 years ago, before I met my husband...but of course once we started dating I slowly packed the weight back on. Having my daughter only worsened my condition and I hit about 225 while pregnant. Postpartum, my weight rested at 195 and I've been fighting since then to get it back down. I'm currently about 173 and would love to see the 150's again.
I'm 100% positive I can do this. I've done it before, I have the right tools, I understand my food choices SO MUCH BETTER this time, I have a great reason to be/stay healthy (my sweet baby girl)...all I'm missing is a support system!

Please come be my cheerleader and I promise to cheer you on just as hard! We can all do this! We just have to stick together!

Replies