Working out while hungry

Terrible idea or not a big deal?
Thanks

Replies

• lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Maybe have something small beforehand to help you get through the workout.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I can do some cardio when I'm a little hungry but I can't really lift. I would hate to miss a PR or do something dumb because I'm hungry. Up to you really. Personally it doesn't sound fun.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    You might perform better eating a little while beforehand. It's one of those things that depends on the individual. Just don't pass out.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    I like to do one tablespoon (measured out in grams - just can't remember how many at this moment) of peanut butter if I'm hungry just so I'm not thinking about food while I'm working out!

Unless I wake up early to exercise (which has happened maybe twice in my life) because then I can get to the gym and get going before my body knows it is hungry :)

I think it is a highly debated topic, so I would do what makes you feel better.
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    I sometimes workout on a empty stomach on purpose. If I eat prior I get seriously awful cramps. Same goes with drinking water. I've got to take tiny sips instead of gulping it down or I'll end up in the fetal position.

Its always been this way for me even when I was smaller.
  • Jeebles604
    Jeebles604 Posts: 16 Member
    I prefer fasted training, always have. Everyone is different, and most of my friends would never do fasted training. Try both and see how you feel during the workout? Cheers!