I have stopped losing weight!

Options
A few weeks ago I have been stuck at the same weight [132 lbs] and it's hard to lose; I used to be 146 lbs. I don't feel hungry at all anymore, even after eating one piece of fruit. I have been able to lose with first 10 pounds with minimal exercise.

I have tried putting myself on an all fruit diet, but it feels wrong to not eat meat or vegetables. So I usually sneak in meat and veggies at the end of the day.

I am not sure what to do, except for decreasing my calories even further, when I already barely eat anything. And also incorporating some solid exercise routines which I have been ignoring.

I don't log my food because it's too time consuming. I try to get in all the nutrients I need for the day without over doing it. I don't like restricting myself too much if that means cutting back on nutrition to fuel me for the day. At this rate, I am simply maintaining my weight but I would like to be a bit slimmer.

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    You don't have much weight to lose, so you don't have as much room; for error. Even if you just keep a mental note of what you consumed, without actually logging it; you still have to weigh everything!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Don't try to do extremes to lose body fat. It seems from what you said that you eat very little. I would highly encourage you to track your food to be sure that you are getting in enough fuel. Getting in enough nutrients for your body is important, but getting in enough calories to give your body the energy it needs is more important. If you do too big of a calorie deficit, then your body will fight you. Establishing an appropriate calorie goal with a good macro breakdown (including fruits, veggies, lean meats, healthy fats, and whole grains) will help you make progress. Tracking doesn't take too long once you get into it. I track everything I eat, and it takes me less than 5 minutes/day. I'll absolutely take that time commitment knowing that I'm on point with my nutrition.

I would also encourage you to start exercising. It's so good for the body. Resistance training is the best thing for improving body composition.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Why an all-fruit diet?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Well, I'm not sure of your height, but if you're 5'3" or under, you should be able to lose weight with minimal issues at your current weight. I'm not sure how long you've been stuck at your current weight. If it's only been a week or two, you're not stuck, If it's been a month or more, then the issue is your food intake. You don't log food, so I suspect that you're eating a lot more than you think you are even though you "barely" eat. It's a common belief among many people new to food logging/calorie counting.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    First I would take the time to log your eating. It keeps you honest and on track. I am guessing that you are not eating enough or eating more than you think. I started losing weight and stopped losing. I started logging food and found i was only eating about 800 to 1000 cals. I jumped it up to 1200 - 1500 and started losing again
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I don't log my food because it's too time consuming

If you want to lose weight you'll have to get more precise with your caloric intake. If not, these are your results. The choice is yours.

What exactly is so time consuming about weighing and logging your food? It takes me seconds per meal to weigh everything and a few more seconds to log it.