Whole milk or almond milk????

Options
13»

Replies

• lolosensan2
    lolosensan2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hyocum98 wrote: »
    Almond!!! You are not a baby cow,there is no reason to drink a mother cow's milk! There are many many non-dairy milks so make sure you try them and see what you like best (i like vanilla flavored almondor regularcashew milk myself)

So I guess we can assume you also don't eat cheese, yogurt, butter, ice cream, etc. either?

To be fair, they probably don't.

Like... I understand her point but jfc, OP didn't ask for a lecture about the horrors of the dairy industry.

I agree. I wish more vegans would take a similar stance as you. I'm vegan but that kind of language just really turns me off. Like, obviously we all know where cow milk comes from, and if a person continues to drink it or if they go 100% vegan is probably not contingent on whether or not they identify as a calf.

OP I encourage you to try all different kinds of milks too if they are available where you are or experiment in making your own! My favorites are rice and soy (although they are not as nutritious as others).
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Almond!!! You are not a baby cow,there is no reason to drink a mother cow's milk! There are many many non-dairy milks so make sure you try them and see what you like best (i like vanilla flavored almondor regularcashew milk myself)

So I guess we can assume you also don't eat cheese, yogurt, butter, ice cream, etc. either?

Like... I understand her point but jfc, OP didn't ask for a lecture about the horrors of the dairy industry.

I agree. I wish more vegans would take a similar stance as you. I'm vegan but that kind of language just really turns me off. Like, obviously we all know where cow milk comes from, and if a person continues to drink it or if they go 100% vegan is probably not contingent on whether or not they identify as a calf.

OP I encourage you to try all different kinds of milks too if they are available where you are or experiment in making your own! My favorites are rice and soy (although they are not as nutritious as others).

There are plenty of vegans who take that stance. Don't make the mistake of thinking that a handful of visible vegans represent what most are like.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

My stance, thankfully, is not that unique. I notice the "GO VEGAN OR GO F--K YOURSELF" attitude (and yes, that is a real Tumblr name) tends to happen with newer vegans - their passion for a new lifestyle sometimes turns into tone-deaf proselytizing. I was guilty of the same thing for a while until I got a reality check.

Also... I'm not a very "good" vegan lol. Some vegans are more strict and militant. I'm very strictly vegetarian but flexible around milk or eggs if the situation calls for it. Just. Blegh.