Man eating Chipotle for 366 days

Options
http://fox2now.com/2016/06/02/man-on-quest-to-eat-chipotle-for-366-straight-days/

He says, "A lot of people try fad/crash diets like a no/low carbs diets that does not work and then get discouraged very quickly. I want to show people that they can be fit while still enjoying the food they love. When you enjoy what you eat on your "diet," and you do it in moderation, it is that much easier to achieve your fitness goals."

Man I would probably get tired of that every day, but hey, if he likes it!

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I would sooo not get tired of Chipoltes!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    There's different meats and combos he can get. It looks like he doesn't weigh out his portions in store, but he does do it at home :lol:
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    A little E Coli aside, I don't think Chipotle has a reputation for being "bad" or "unhealthy." It's generally a go-to among the bodybuilding/physique community. It's more a matter of cost, convenience and variety.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options

Just lay off salsa, chips, corn salsa, cheese, guac. Too much simple carbohydrates.

How are salsa and guacamole bad? I was under the impression that avocado is a "good" fat. And salsa's just veggies, right?
  • foxygirl14
    foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Isn't that a crazy expensive way to eat?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    foxygirl14 wrote: »
    Lol, not as expensive as eating sushi 3 times a day, something I did for like a year.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    foxygirl14 wrote: »
    It would definitely be too expensive for me

• kwtilbury
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »

Just lay off salsa, chips, corn salsa, cheese, guac. Too much simple carbohydrates.

How are salsa and guacamole bad? I was under the impression that avocado is a "good" fat. And salsa's just veggies, right?

Actually, none of it is bad. Guacamole is calorically dense, so it really depends on your macros/calories. I almost always avoid cheese, sour cream and the burrito wraps. I'll add the guac if it fits my macros. Salsa has almost no calories, it's a no-brainer.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle, but the closest is about 100 miles away, so I only have opportunity to eat it about once every week or 2 when I'm nearby. Even then, I actually end up eating it only every 2-3 months. I do like it, though. I can see eating it for a whole month or 2, but not a year. Even though I like it, I would want to eat something else sooner than a year.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I love love love Chipotle. I est there at least once a week. If there was one closer, I would go 2 or 3 times. I make similar meals at home often. I think you get lots of bang for your buck in terms of calories.

I can have a filling rice bowl for 520 calories. Usually can't eat all those calories in one sitting so can have more later.

845 calories if I get a burrito with cheese and sour cream. Again, I can't eat it all in one sitting so I have more later. It's rare that I have enough calories now for it though.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

Chipotle is notorious to have high sodium in their meat.

Their tomatoes are high in sodium and tomatoes are simple carbs with high sugar content and there is already plenty of black beans in my bowl. So I choose to avoid them. Besides, guacamole is rich in calories. High fat content. I would rather get double chicken than guac and salsa.

Compared to beans, corn, rice, and the tortilla, those tomatoes have very few carbs.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,393 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I used to do it 5 to 7 times a week. And it helped me considerably.

Day 1:
    Black beans, chicken, lettuce, a little sour cream

Day 2:
    Black beans, barbacoa, lettuce

Day 3:
    Brown rice, sofritas, lettuce

Etc.

They claim to humanely raise beef and other things, so why not. I would do super sets in weight lifting and eat chipotle. It worked for me.

I still go to chipotle. I won't do all week coz I get fickle with food.

Since when did guac and cheese become a simple carb?

BTW, sodium isn't bad for, especially if you are active.

And I would totally do this diet. Love me some Chipotle.
  • kwtilbury
    Options

Their tomatoes are high in sodium and tomatoes are simple carbs with high sugar content and there is already plenty of black beans in my bowl. So I choose to avoid them.
    A healthy serving of the mild salsa has 20 calories with 4 grams of carbs, including 3 grams of sugar. I'll take it.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Eating at the same place every day sounds like a fad diet to me. And boring. But if the boring fad makes him happy I say good for him.
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Thought the same
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Ok, ok, ok, I was thinking tomatoes when I typed simple carbs.
    ...Ideally, they should not add salt at all to anything and provide salt as a condiment which customers can add if needed.

Guessing you don't cook.

That may not necessarily be the case: I cook a lot, and don't use salt - my cooking education started when I had to make meals for my parents, both of whom were on salt-restricted diets. Since sodium is also a concern for me, I've continued cooking without salt. I do add lots of other spices, make a lot of wine-based sauces, and rely a good deal on acids, like vinegar or lemon juice. Have had no complaints when cooking for others, and lots of requests for seconds, so cooking without salt can be done.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

duplicate post. apologies.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I have a chipotle in town and have never once eaten there. Maybe I'll try it soon!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    A little E Coli aside, I don't think Chipotle has a reputation for being "bad" or "unhealthy." It's generally a go-to among the bodybuilding/physique community. It's more a matter of cost, convenience and variety.

Well I hear E coli is a great way to lose a lot of weight quickly. I was a fan of Chipotle before they started getting shut down every other day for e coli and other food born illnesses. I would never set foot in there now.