Can't seem to lose....

Options
I've been busting my butt off trying to lose weight but it will not come off. I workout every day, sometimes twice, and I stay in my calorie range but it just won't budge. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated. It's not a medical reason cause my thyroid and stuff has been tested. Help!!!

Replies

• Valerie_Wood
    Valerie_Wood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cutting out sugar and simple carbs (noodles, white rice, bread) help keep your insulin levels more stable- insulin spikes and drops makes your body hold onto and produce fat. I would also recommend not eating after 7pm, getting quality sleep and drinking LOTS of water. Hope this helps!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Cutting out sugar and simple carbs (noodles, white rice, bread) help keep your insulin levels more stable- insulin spikes and drops makes your body hold onto and produce fat. I would also recommend not eating after 7pm, getting quality sleep and drinking LOTS of water. Hope this helps!

None of this is necessary (sleep and water for health reasons, yes, but cutting sugar/carbs or stopping eating at a certain time aren't).

OP, can you provide more information? What are your stats? How long has it been since you lost weight? How are you measuring your food intake? How are you measuring your exercise calories and how much, if any, of them do you eat back?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    nlayton75 wrote: »
    I've been busting my butt off trying to lose weight but it will not come off. I workout every day, sometimes twice, and I stay in my calorie range but it just won't budge. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated. It's not a medical reason cause my thyroid and stuff has been tested. Help!!!

A few questions that could help you get better advice:
    • What is your calorie goal?
    • How long have you been eating at that level?
    • Are you actually eating that number of calories or are you also adding in exercise calories and eating them?
    • How do you know you are actually eating that number of calories--do you weigh your solid foods and use measuring cups/spoons for liquids? Or do you estimate?

Also, would you open up your diary so that we can look at it?