I eat ALOT of clean food!

Options
byrdy420
byrdy420 Posts: 15 Member
I eat a lot but it's clean and low calorie but it seems like so much I'm scared I'm not progressing in my weight loss but I'm very judgmental if my body like if I eat a cookie(I haven't), and look in the mirror my mind sees a fat *kitten*, I do the same when I eat clean foods that are low calorie and I'm under my deficient but because there clean and low calorie I eat a lot more and it makes me think I'm not progressing! Any tips? P.s. I'm 5'10 female around 155 last time I weighed!

Replies

• byrdy420
    byrdy420 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Kitten was suppose to be *kitten*
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Eating clean has nothing to do with losing weight. In order to lose weight you need to be in a calorie deficit. You can do that eating "clean" or "dirty" (whatever those words mean to you, they mean nothing to me I eat a variety of foods and try not to label them anything other than delicious).

Are you logging your food intake, are you using a food scale? These are far better predictors of whether or not you will lose than eating "clean".

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    5'10" and 155?? You are already at a normal weight. Food has no labels just food. Weigh and measure it and make sure you are getting enough.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How much are you trying to lose?

Cookies don't make you fat, excess calories do.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Figure out how many calories you are eating (weigh your foods), eat a variety of foods (don't label them as clean or dirty), and give it time. If you want to tighten up your body, lift weights and do some cardio.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'm more concerned about how you describe yourself being judgmental about your body and how you see yourself in the mirror at 5'10" and 155lb than the fact that you mention "eating clean." You are at normal weight for your height, which means than any weight loss is going to be slow, like 1/2 lb a week or less slow. It's easy to feel discouraged when it feels like there isn't any difference.

Another area you might want to consider is body composition, i.e. body fat percentage. Since you are a normal weight, you might see more benefits from focusing on a recomposition (in which you decrease body fat and retain/gain muscle) than a scale weight. Body recomp would result in more muscle definition (commonly referred to as a "toned" look) and a loss of inches, but not necessarily weight.

I'm not sure where your head is based on your OP and whether you are feeling bad about your body because you are just discouraged (and your description is hyperbole), or if this is an ongoing issue with which you struggle. If it is the latter, I would recommend talking to a doctor or therapist about your feelings. :flowerforyou:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Figure out how many calories you are eating (weigh your foods), eat a variety of foods (don't label them as clean or dirty), and give it time. If you want to tighten up your body, lift weights and do some cardio.

^^ +1
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Spoiler alert......clean food STILL has calories.