Help! Coworkers brought Bday treats for me!

Options
2»

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Stand firm they are trying to Sabotage you

So now a coworker making you a cake on your birthday isn't a kind gesture, it's sabotage?

Come on.
  • mchammer73
    mchammer73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Last time something similar happened to me, I thanked them heartily, had a bite to satisfy them, and the dropped off then remainder at the local homeless shelter/food pantry for their volunteers. It was a double feel-good!
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Why is it so hard for people to say no to food? Why are other people's feelings more important than your own health or goals? Say thank you, but I'm not eating that. You don't need to explain yourself.

We can work off the few extra calories consumed after being polite and having a bite. We can't work off hurt feelings when someone went to the effort of doing something special for us.
  • DDSMEW
    DDSMEW Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for all of the advice! I really appreciate all the thoughts. My birthday was a couple of days ago....which I fully enjoyed treats and already one co-worker brought a cheesecake for it (she had been gone)...then today they planned a big pot luck full of other treats (because some of the other staff had been missing on Bday). Very thoughtful and heartfelt, but also it is a reason/excuse for all the girls to make yummy treats and have fun together. I think I will "try" a few of the better selections and take some home for my husband.
  • craudi
    craudi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! :)

Also, I vote you take your portion, throw it away privately (that's what I do at least), and share the rest.