Big weight loss

I am a 35 year old female I am looking for some support. I have 100 pounds to loose well I have more then that but my goal right now is 100. I do really good for the first month then I don't see a big change in the scale and get so frustrated and get depressed and go back to the old way of eating. At times I can be a binge eater. I hate being so addicted to food. I have a few medical problems I have low thyroid so I take medication for that. I have PCOS which with both of them loosing weight is already a challenge. I also was diagnosed 5 years ago with the rheumatoid arthritis and take medication for that. I am just looking for some good support to keep me grounded for this life style change. I know there is so many new diets out there these days. I have just been watching my portions and calories really not cutting out any certain food but my sweets. Which is hard in its self. I have been trying to stay away from processed food sticking with whole foods. It just gets hard at times when you feel like your ALONE

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Read the sticky messages in the discussions to learn all the details. Log all your food. Weigh all your food with a digital scale. Exercise some. This is easy.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited June 2016
    I am a 35 year old female I am looking for some support. I have 100 pounds to loose well I have more then that but my goal right now is 100. I do really good for the first month then I don't see a big change in the scale and get so frustrated and get depressed and go back to the old way of eating. At times I can be a binge eater. I hate being so addicted to food. I have a few medical problems I have low thyroid so I take medication for that. I have PCOS which with both of them loosing weight is already a challenge. I also was diagnosed 5 years ago with the rheumatoid arthritis and take medication for that. I am just looking for some good support to keep me grounded for this life style change. I know there is so many new diets out there these days. I have just been watching my portions and calories really not cutting out any certain food but my sweets. Which is hard in its self. I have been trying to stay away from processed food sticking with whole foods. It just gets hard at times when you feel like your ALONE

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery

Very supportive friendly group, might check it out. Support makes a world of difference, it just does! :smiley:
    Welcome to MFP!

Edited: I agree with everything Barry said... except I don't agree with it being easy. lol Simple? Absolutely... easy, no or we'd all be at our goal and in maintenance.

But I will say using MFP I don't find it hard like on my own in the past... it's like MFP is a road map and doing the steps Barry shared up above are the keys to the map. It really is that simple! :wink:
  • nursecasg
    nursecasg Posts: 123 Member
    I am like that in the beginning. If I step on the scale now, and don't see a weight loss, I tell myself to hold on and keep going. I have learned to trust the process, that weight loss WILL occur, maybe not when I want it to though.