Scale down and Contrave

Options
Due to other medical issues it is nearly impossible for me to loose weight. Because of my medical situation no amount of exercising or eating healthy helped. My Dr. And I were at a loss, that was when she told me about the program. I started contrave and scale down 10 months ago. Since that time I have lost 30 lbs. In the beginning I had some issues with nausea taking the full dose. I backed the dose down to two and now three pills a day and the problem resolved. I found the nausea to be caused by not eating enough. The weight loss has been slow but for the first time in years I feel that using the meds and the scale have helped me reevaluate and modify eating and exercise habits even further. The program has been a success for me.

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    From the manufacturer's own website;
    "CONTRAVE can cause serious side effects of suicidal thoughts or actions. One of the ingredients in CONTRAVE is bupropion HCl. Bupropion has caused some people to have suicidal thoughts or actions or unusual changes in behavior, whether or not they are taking medicines used to treat depression. Bupropion may increase suicidal thoughts or actions in some children, teenagers, and young adults within the first few months of treatment. If you already have depression or other mental illnesses, taking bupropion may cause it to get worse, especially within the first few months of treatment."

Scary stuff, be careful.