support

Hi my name is chrissy im 28 and im 5"2 I was 212 when I started this journey back in September 29 2014. Well today im 205.2 I been doing it on my own with very little support . I need help staying motivated. I want to be under 200 lbs so bad . Please help me stay motivated. Im not big on working out but I do it.

Replies

• billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    what are you doing as far as eating to lose?
  • Rebekahl87
    Rebekahl87 Posts: 95 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi, Chrissy! Going it alone isn't impossible, but it can be tough. The good news is, there are lots of people who where you're at and want to achieve the same goals, so you don't have to do it alone. I don't LOVE working out, but I started doing it because it needed to get done. I'm starting to enjoy it more though, especially when I find a plan with variety. The biggest part for me, though, is the nutrition side of the equation. You can absolutely lose weight just by moderating what you eat. Have you tracked your food intake on MyFitnessPal at all during your journey? I've been able to find the calorie level at which I lose between .5 and 2 lbs/week and the calories are not so low that I'm starving. I'll send you and friend request. I can help be an encourager and support for you on this journey. :)
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Working out isn't necessary for weight loss, though it does help a lot. IME, how many calories you are eating plays the biggest part.

How much are you working out? I have found that the more I run the better I feel emotionally and that positive boost really plays a huge part in how motivated I feel. I hated it at first, but now I like it so much I have to make myself take rest days.

You can be active without it being a chore too. You might like a sport or if you like to surround yourself in nature you might like going hiking. I like to play outside with my dog and after we're done we both feel better.
  • robburry_85
    robburry_85 Posts: 91 Member
    Feel free to add
  • markleeming
    markleeming Posts: 65 Member
    Rebekahl87 wrote: »
    Hi, Chrissy! Going it alone isn't impossible, but it can be tough. The good news is, there are lots of people who where you're at and want to achieve the same goals, so you don't have to do it alone. I don't LOVE working out, but I started doing it because it needed to get done. I'm starting to enjoy it more though, especially when I find a plan with variety. The biggest part for me, though, is the nutrition side of the equation. You can absolutely lose weight just by moderating what you eat. Have you tracked your food intake on MyFitnessPal at all during your journey? I've been able to find the calorie level at which I lose between .5 and 2 lbs/week and the calories are not so low that I'm starving. I'll send you and friend request. I can help be an encourager and support for you on this journey. :)

You sound like you have a really balanced approach which is very cool. I can't seem to get the balance either.

Chrissy, happy to buddy up too! Add me if you like :)
  • Really love the encouragement cam I get an add there's never to much motivation.