Loosing weight

Options
Hi, I have been using myfitnesspal for a couple years off and on. I quit smoking 5 years ago and since then I just keep putting on weight. I don't eat real healthy and eat out a lot at lunch. I'm not a big salad eater. I am looking for healthy food ideas for lunch and dinner if anyone has any suggestions. I have been drinking a protein shake for breakfast every morning and it seems to curve my appetite. My favorite one is Thrive by Le-vel. If anyone has any suggestions for me please feel free to share.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat "real healthy" or eat salads unless you want to. Enter your goals and stats into MFP, get a calorie goal, and hit that goal consistently. Creating a calorie deficit will produce weight loss.
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Thrive didn't cut it for me. You need to find friends to help support you. Add me if you would like, I have an open diary. Also, it depends on what kind of diet you are doing. Best 3 choices I made for ME were as follows.
    1. No Wheat- No extra Gluten- I don't need it, and I dropped 10 lbs per month with losing these carbs. (before I reset my goal weight)
    2. Lots of liquids- No carbonated beverages. I added a water app on my phone to remind me to drink enough.
    3. Exercise. Get in 30 minutes a day. EVERY DAY! I generally switch types of movement, but I love the afterglow. The diet and exercise combo work, and you can eat back calories burned. I generally eat back about 1/2 the calories I use because I think MFP is a bit generous with calorie counts.

I quit smoking just over a year ago and feel great, but don't use food as a reward. You have to change your thinking to turn food into fuel. And you can only use so much fuel. Take your diet ideal and add them into the Pinterest Search criteria. For instance, Low Carb Chicken. One of my favs is a Jalepeno stuffed chicken breast. It's really good. Also try using spaghetti squash instead of Pasta. Lower calorie meats are chicken, and some pork, fish, etc. I'm a beef person, so I get the lower percentage of fat hamburger(> -5%), and eat a ton of sirloin steak. Eat your greens, get other veggies involved and eat higher proteins. Eat your sweets in fruit.

Take before pictures.... You will want these soon... Best of luck to you on your journey. It's always worth it.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    When I started on MFP and logged everything I eat, I was shocked. I was over eating a lot. I had to retrain to eat normal portions. I also try to limit the calorie dense breads, pasta, potatoes and increased my veggies. With that done I added exercise, running. I did gain some back but can now lose without logging. Knowledge is power.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    *losing