Lift routine to help tone lose skin from weight loss?

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm a 20 year old female if that helps with this question, because I know age & height (5'7") typically play a factor alongside weight (130lbs) when it comes to exercise. I have lost a good deal of weight over the last few years & am looking to tone my body up now as I haven't been doing so well at doing so the last few years. Most of the lose skin is around my tummy currently. If anyone also knows some tips to help diminish the appearance of stretch marks that would help a lot too! Thank you so much ahead of time for any responses! :-)

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how lifting could help with loose skin unless you actually built up enough muscle to stretch it out.

Time and moisture are what your best tools. Use a good moisturizer, stay hydrated and be patient.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks can fade, but won't ever go away. The skin has already been stretched past the point of no return, hence, the mark. I've had them since I was in elementary school :(
  • rickyll
    rickyll Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how lifting could help with loose skin unless you actually built up enough muscle to stretch it out.

Time and moisture are what your best tools. Use a good moisturizer, stay hydrated and be patient.

pretty much sums it up!
    Lifting can help a bit though by making sure you stay in 12-15 reps range..but ultimately, it's nutrition that will help the most I think. Eat healthy fats to keep your skin healthy and drink lots and lots of water
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I can only help with stretch marks! Stay hydrated! Lots of water and use thick moisturizers. I use palmers coco butter for stretch marks. I don't think that it actually does anything for stretch marks but it's super hydrating. If you smoke stop. Drink? Reduce it or stop.

Retina is awesome for fresh stretch marks. But you need a prescription for it in the us and Canada. I usually bulk buy mine overseas or order online from reputable sources. I used retina for stretch marks that I had on my arms for years and it cleared up within a year. They didn't vanish but you really have to be extremely up close to see them.

I also used 44% lactic acid once a week. A lot of people are into derma rolling for stretch marks but that's just too much work for me so I've never tried it.

Check out YouTube and skincaretalk.com forums. There are a lot of success stories on there.

My stretch marks were extremely dark brown and bright pink. Imagine a swirl of chocolate and strawberry ice cream. Now they're my skin Color. They also aren't indented or raised.

Side note for temporary ways to hide them! Use a tanning lotion! It gives you a awesome glow and also camouflages the stretch marks. (:
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    rickyll wrote: »

pretty much sums it up!
    Lifting can help a bit though by making sure you stay in 12-15 reps range..but ultimately, it's nutrition that will help the most I think. Eat healthy fats to keep your skin healthy and drink lots and lots of water

How does staying in the 12-15 rep range help? Curious, not saying it doesn't.