To Leave (MFP) or Not To Leave.......that is my question!

Options
Mitramonday
Mitramonday Posts: 48 Member
There are many things that I love about MFP - but the huge number of glitches is NOT among them!! I have only been a (premium) member for just short of 2 weeks, and yet I am unable to post/like/comment on FIVE out of SIX of my friends posts (I thought this site was all about motivation from friends?) and they can't on mine.....I have been on to the tech guys who keep coming back to say they are looking into it. Then, today, two things happened that make me start questioning whether or not I want to continue on here. Firstly, I noticed that my cases (both to do with the inability to like/comment) have been marked as 'Resolved' when they are very clearly NOT. Secondly, I tried to input a recipe manually (which takes forever when you have to correct the measurements/ingredients that have been inaccurately 'matched') only to find that, when I go to 'Save and Log' it gets stuck, with the message "please try later". I have tried three times now and, if you leave the page, the recipe disappears too, after all that work!!!
To say I am unhappy with MFP is an understatement....but I don't want to lose all the logging that I've done by moving to another site (or, as someone suggested, creating a new profile). I know that there are many, many people who are having the same problem....and, apparently, it has been going on since December last year! It really is about time MFP sorted it.

Replies

• ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking with it because it's working since I'm consistent but have been frustrated too. I also can't like or comment to all my friends. ARGH And I agree the database is just so over numbered with incorrect stuff. And the spam on the boards lately is annoying. I don't know why.
  • Mitramonday
    Mitramonday Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    DM01234 wrote: »
    Seriously.... it's fine when it works, terribly frustrating when it doesn't.

I'm not a paying member so I get what I get. If I paid for this?? I'd be out of my mind mad...

Yup!!!! You just described my state of mind....out and mad!!!!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Can you go to your friends profiles and reply to their posts on their page? I have a few friends that have the 'comment' missing from their posts on my feed, but once I click on their actual page, I am able to comment and like there.

MFP really need to fix the recipe builder. I find that I have to actually delete the wrong additions or even the right foods with the wrong weight and re-add the right ones, then it works. And, sometimes the save and log feature errors out...so I just save the add manually. That works.
  • nicolecheriepeoples
    nicolecheriepeoples Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would also stick with MFP because they'll likely get it figured it out, it might just take some time, which I do realize is frustrating. Keep complaining and you might actually get your money back. The more complaints they get the more seriously they'll fix it, but yeah, seems like they are having a database issue and probably keep turning off the ability to comment and post so at least the site stays up.
    I used to have this same issue with the bodyspace app and low and behold they completely redid their app a few months later and it's better than ever.
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    There are many things that I love about MFP - but the huge number of glitches is NOT among them!! I have only been a (premium) member for just short of 2 weeks, and yet I am unable to post/like/comment on FIVE out of SIX of my friends posts (I thought this site was all about motivation from friends?) and they can't on mine.....I have been on to the tech guys who keep coming back to say they are looking into it. Then, today, two things happened that make me start questioning whether or not I want to continue on here. Firstly, I noticed that my cases (both to do with the inability to like/comment) have been marked as 'Resolved' when they are very clearly NOT. Secondly, I tried to input a recipe manually (which takes forever when you have to correct the measurements/ingredients that have been inaccurately 'matched') only to find that, when I go to 'Save and Log' it gets stuck, with the message "please try later". I have tried three times now and, if you leave the page, the recipe disappears too, after all that work!!!
    To say I am unhappy with MFP is an understatement....but I don't want to lose all the logging that I've done by moving to another site (or, as someone suggested, creating a new profile). I know that there are many, many people who are having the same problem....and, apparently, it has been going on since December last year! It really is about time MFP sorted it.

@Mitramonday, I can't say that I have your problems. It sounds like your device is not connected to a network (WiFi) when you are experiencing these issues. Can you 'like', comment and post new recipes from your desktop computer? If you can it's not an issue with your profile. Try logging your food and exercise using Spark People or Livestrong concurrently with MFP and see if you like one of those better.
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

@Mitramonday, I can't say that I have your problems. It sounds like your device is not connected to a network (WiFi) when you are experiencing these issues. Can you 'like', comment and post new recipes from your desktop computer? If you can it's not an issue with your profile. Try logging your food and exercise using Spark People or Livestrong concurrently with MFP and see if you like one of those better.

Its a current MFP issue shared by many. App and desktop.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with likes and comments as do all of my recent friends.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I would also stick with MFP because they'll likely get it figured it out, it might just take some time, which I do realize is frustrating. Keep complaining and you might actually get your money back. The more complaints they get the more seriously they'll fix it, but yeah, seems like they are having a database issue and probably keep turning off the ability to comment and post so at least the site stays up.
    I used to have this same issue with the bodyspace app and low and behold they completely redid their app a few months later and it's better than ever.

I would love it if the actual outcome reflects your current optimism, but I have to say that I have been using MFP for nearly three years, and the website has done nothing but get worse during that time, in pretty much every aspect, but for me the most frustrating thing is the deterioration of the food database, where USDA-based entries seem to be disappearing, or at least renamed so you can no longer find them by searching for the name as it appears in the USDA database. The "verified" entries are a total joke.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    How long ago did you become friends with those people? There's at least a couple-day period where you can't comment on new friends' posts and vice versa, but after some length of time you can.

No clue why.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    How long ago did you become friends with those people? There's at least a couple-day period where you can't comment on new friends' posts and vice versa, but after some length of time you can.

No clue why.

This is a glitch beyond the initial intro period- it's been all over the threads the last few days.

I've been on MFP over a year, and it's been one issue after another. I have good friends here and have built up a "recent foods" list of the most common things I eat, so I stick with it because there just aren't many alternatives out there. And don't get me started on the recipe builder! Guess it depends on how much you have invested in it and how helpful it still might be to you despite the glitches.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I can't Like or Comment on any of my new found friends, either. It sucks. When we really just want to stick our noses in their business & be all up in their face (positive comments here) and be supportive. I do the recipe on another application and then copy the text over and save it before MFP can fail. Then I go in and Edit to make it perfect. An extra step that is a PITA but it works for me and saves the hair from being pulled out.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    It works if you don't have premium.
  • Lowell_H
    Lowell_H Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When the original guy (was it Michael?) was here, he would respond to questions, etc. He would have done a site-wide post by now, communicating with us all. Underarmour is a giant monstrosity. This place has gone Corporate (in the worst definition of that word) , and they don't seem to give a **** about us, or or issues. We need to FLOOD the "Tech Support" with this, every day. Maybe it'll stir 'em up.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Really? I'm not going to have premium long, but I can like and comment.

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Lowell_H wrote: »
    When the original guy (was it Michael?) was here, he would respond to questions, etc. He would have done a site-wide post by now, communicating with us all. Underarmour is a giant monstrosity. This place has gone Corporate (in the worst definition of that word) , and they don't seem to give a **** about us, or or issues. We need to FLOOD the "Tech Support" with this, every day. Maybe it'll stir 'em up.

It seems to me, if the original guy cared; he wouldn't have sold it! It's obvious he only cared enough, to make it good enough, to make it popular enough; to sell!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

Me too, without premium.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

Me too, without premium.
    Hopefully yours continues to work.... :)

I was able to say the same thing 3 days ago... but not today, it's happened to me now as well. :#

But the PM feature still works... lol

No plans for premium here... ever!