Can someone please tell me about Whey Protein powder!

Options
aprueitt
aprueitt Posts: 91 Member
Can someone please tell me if Whey Protein powder will make you gain weight? I am wanting to try this only if it will help me loose weight. I have heard that it can also make you gain weight. Any help will be great appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• sagithia
    sagithia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I have had that same question.
  • rad007
    rad007 Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm only going to confuse you further..........Whey Protein is an excellent product for these reasons every gram of protein burns 30 calories so it aids in weight loss to a point. After thats it makes muscle denser and sense muscle weighs more than fat....you will gain weight!!! I've been using a month I've only lost a few pounds in that time, but I'm definitely getting denser.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I have a Designer Whey protein smoothy everyday as a recovery drink. the powder only has 100 calories and it tastes great. I have lost almost 30 pounds and it helps me get my protein in for the day.
  • Liv_Curry
    Liv_Curry Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It definitely helps build muscle mass but when prepared like a smoothy by adding fruit, ice, and milk it can serve as a meal replacement shake.

I highly recommend calling your local GNC. They were very helpful. Every first seven days of the month with a gold card you can take 20% off every item purchased, this is a great time to stock up. I'm going to start taking Whey Protein in the smoothy form as suggested by GNC this week.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I buy all my Protein mixes from bodybuilding.com. Way cheaper than GNC. Check it out.
  • aprueitt
    aprueitt Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I just don't want to gain any.
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Whey protein in itself will not make you gain weight. If you eat more calories than you burn - you gain weight. I use whey protein powder every day. I'm a vegetarian, so it's where I get much of my protein from. I use Beachbody's whey protein, it's cheaper than most places plus it tastes great mixed with only water. If you want more information on it, shoot me a message!

Tina