Favorite Running App

Options
2»

Replies

• NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper. Its flexible you can create any interval you want either timed or distance
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I use my Garmin 220 during my run to track the route, pace, heart rate, etc. and listen to Zombies, Run! while running. I sync my watch to Garmin Connect and then to Smashrun which has lots of great stats.
  • mom3over40
    mom3over40 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have tried Edomondo, MapMyRun, Nike+ and Strava and currently keeping MapMyRun and Nike+...

Edomondo: it have the least number of features with the free version, so, it got dumped the soonest. But I have a friend using it, so, perhaps, there is something nice about it and I just haven't noticed yet.

Nike+: I liked it a lot at first, many nice features with the phone App and very nice looking interface. At one point, this is the only app I used. But a few times, it did not record for me or lost a good portion of my run. The most disappointing occurrence was when I ran with my 6 y.o. in a 5k race and it only had the first 0.5 mile of data :(

MapMyRun: This is the very first app I used. I began using it for hiking before I started running. So, I naturally just start using it for running too. I like the challenges, somehow it does motive me to move more. Perhaps, they are usually very doable.

Strava: I started using after I started having problems with Nike+ and saw on MFP that many people use it and claimed that it is most accurate. I like that it would automatically find all your runs with the same route and link them in your running activity, making it very easy to see if I am making progress. I also like the segments as someone else said.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Strava. My Garmin fenix 3 auto syncs to it.
  • tiffanyfoundit
    tiffanyfoundit Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    OP update ::
    So far all the ones I'm testing seem to give me the same time/distance data. With only a tiny variance in calorie burn.

I really like Runkeeper with the challenges and goals and things but I'm also on a free trial of the premium which I won't be able to pay for. I haven't had a chance to actually run through one of the training sessions but it looks like a nice feature

Nike+ has been pretty great so far too.
    I really like that it'll pause itself when I get stuck at crosswalks and such. And that it gives me a list of achievements at the end of my run.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Coming from a Runner and a Cyclist, personally I use Strava, and Garmin Connect. I've used a ton over the past year or so and I keep coming back to those two.

I used Endomondo but I found the lack of features to be a downfall.

I really REALLY like the Wahoo Fitness RunFit app but they do not support Android as of yet. So that's a kick in the pants.