Smoothie as a meal replacement?

So, since I'm always on a run in the mornings I've been making myself strawberry banana oatmeal smoothie ..I was wondering does anyone have an idea if it's bad to take it as a breakfast for long term? It does make me feel full until lunch time 12pm. But I do feel that I may be missing of some good nutrients to help me lose weight

Ps6s2jkzo8jbpq.png

Ps - I just added the recipe incase anyone is j retested :-)

Replies

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    If it keeps you full and you're happy eating that for breakfast, then it's fine to have that everyday. I would probably add a scoop of protein powder, though, because the smoothie itself is mostly carbs and doesn't have much protein on its own. I'd also probably add in a large handful of spinach, since it wouldn't affect the taste in any meaningful way and would add lots of extra nutrients.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    So, since I'm always on a run in the mornings I've been making myself strawberry banana oatmeal smoothie ..I was wondering does anyone have an idea if it's bad to take it as a breakfast for long term? It does make me feel full until lunch time 12pm. But I do feel that I may be missing of some good nutrients to help me lose weight

It's not the nutrients that make you lose weight, it's the number of calories you eat. As long as you make sure you're at a calorie deficit, the nutrients you may or may not eat won't make any effect on your weight loss.

As @Strawblackcat said if you're worried about nutrients from a health point of view try adding their suggestions.
  • scoii
    scoii Posts: 160 Member
    Looks like a decent balanced breakfast to me. Measure each ingredient and get the true calorie content.

I did read a study a long time that compared the impact of smoothies versus the same meal eaten separately. The results were that smoothies are easy to digest so you may find it makes you hungry quicker than a solid breakfast with milk on the side.

But if you don't miss calorie goals and you like it keep going. You can get protein later in the day
  • argonzalez4
    argonzalez4 Posts: 55 Member
    Thanks guys for your input .. I never thought of the idea of adding protein to my smoothies