Late Night Snacking For Gals Who Just Love Food

Options
2»

Replies

• Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have a snack, "aka" 5th meal at 10pm every night.

A premier protein fiber bar
    A snack I baked, Crustless cheesecake, carrot cupcake
    Ice cream (you could try halo top or Arctic zero)
    Vanilla Greek yogurt with berries and nuts.

Those are the ones I tend to stick to, mostly the first and last.

Recipe please for the crustless cheesecake and carrot cupcake :smile:
    Thanks!

• Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    mave36 wrote: »
    You sound exactly like me, same measurements as well, and I too can binge eat everything I can get my hands on in the evenings, it's like I'm never full! My sweet tooth gets out of control!

I make little cups of 50 cal per serving mousse mixes up (I use almond milk) then I fill small containers with kids up with mousse and they don't stay soft like ice cream so it takes a little work to eat them but they help the sweet tooth at 50 cals a pop.

This is my alternative to dairy products

So how do you make these? Sounds yummy!
  • k8millz
    k8millz Posts: 28 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    KiyaK wrote: »
    Don't be awake at 1 in the morning. The longer you're awake, the more likely you are to eat more. Seriously, there have been multiple studies that link being awake late at night to increased calorie consumption. (And no, I don't have links to said studies. If you're that interested, do some googling) Your body needs sleep & rest to properly function anyway.

I don't stay up that late. I'm in bed by 10 pm due to my work schedule (well most of the time anyway) I've had my hunger pangs wake me up, and at one in the morning the only thing that sounds appetizing is something incredibly bad for me. I'm gonna play around with the timing of my meals and see if that makes a difference at all.

• k8millz
    k8millz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a snack, "aka" 5th meal at 10pm every night.

A premier protein fiber bar
    A snack I baked, Crustless cheesecake, carrot cupcake
    Ice cream (you could try halo top or Arctic zero)
    Vanilla Greek yogurt with berries and nuts.

Those are the ones I tend to stick to, mostly the first and last.

Recipe please for the crustless cheesecake and carrot cupcake :smile:
    Thanks!

I second that! :#
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    @k8millz @losewtforlife4him

The Crustless cheesecake recipe I posted in the recipe section. Please look there.

The carrot cupcakes, I used the cooking,light recipe, whcihmimwill post here, I took out one T of the oil, made 9 cupcakes instead of 12, made half the frosting recipe and lightly frosted then9 cupcakes, and skipped the shredded coconut because the one I had was no longer good. The coconut only adds like 10 calories per cupcake.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/carrot-cupcakes-with-coconut-cream-cheese-frosting