Baltimore Womens Classic 5k

supersarah14
supersarah14 Posts: 170
edited September 21 in Success Stories
Hey Everyone!!! :flowerforyou:

I have successfully completed my second 5k and every single one of the goals I'd set for myself. My first race was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I started out a lot faster than I normally run and ended up getting so tired that I had to stop twice...which is the one thing I didn't want to do. I also didn't finish it in under 35 minutes which was the time I had set for myself.

This time I paced myself in the beginning so I didn't have to stop to catch my breath and felt so great, at the end, I sprinted for the last 1/4 mile!! :bigsmile: Did I mention it had some killer hills?!?:grumble: Not a whole bunch of small ones either, but a few big ones. Even an uphill finish (lame). But it was noooo problem. :smokin:

My time for this race you ask??? 34 min and 44 sec!!!!!!!!! :drinker: YAAAYYYY!!!!!!! I just found out! I'm sooooo excited! :)

:happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    That is SO exciting! Congratulations. WAY TO GO!
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Great job and congrats on your accomplishment!! I know a few people who ran that race as I'm in Baltimore!! Next year for me :) I'm workong on the couch to 5k program now!! I'll get there eventually.
  • supersarah14
    Great job and congrats on your accomplishment!! I know a few people who ran that race as I'm in Baltimore!! Next year for me :) I'm workong on the couch to 5k program now!! I'll get there eventually.

Thats awesome!!!! You'll definitly be ready by next year and I'll totally race it with you if you need a running partner!!:smile:
  • Robin1109

Thats awesome!!!! You'll definitly be ready by next year and I'll totally race it with you if you need a running partner!!:smile:

Thanks! I'm going to "friend" you so you can hold me to that!
  • lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    Do either of you girls live in Baltimore? I'd love to find a workout buddy! I have a GREAT gym in my apartment that is free. I also love being outdoors...running, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, biking

I just love working out with people. It's hard finding someone who is reliable. Let me know if you girls are interested.
  • HeidiHy
    HeidiHy Posts: 1
    Congratulations sarah & robin thats great - I did my first Fun run in May ( Melbourne Mothers day Classic 4km - fundraiser for Breast Cancer research) My sister and I were ecstatic to be in the " Average" category having completed it in 28 minutes - we do not come from a sporty family but now we are doing our second Fun run - Run Melbourne in 3 weeks - 5km I think we will do it comfortably nd hopefully raise some money for Beyond Blue a charity that raises awareness of depression and assists its sufferers. I used to never run as I had been told the most efficient way to lose weight is at the lower end of the heart rate scale but now find it a freedom - I just get up and Go

All these happy runners getting fit and feeling the endorphins. Yay.
  • SunnyGirl32
    SunnyGirl32 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey Sarah, Robin, LKuste, and Jedda-

You gals all seem wonderful! I, too, ran the Baltimore Women's Classic on Sunday! Beat my best time, and man, was it HOT HOT HOT outside! I would love to find some other running girls for another 5K one of these days. Sunday's run was my 2nd one.

My intro:
    I am 30 yrs old, a mother of one son and married to my gorgeous hubby! :love:
    I just joined MFP and currently doing weight watchers as well. I'm switching because frankly, this site is free and I just can't afford WW anymore. They seem like simliar websites, so I'll give it a try.

I recently moved to Maryland, and I live in the northeast part. About 50 minutes north of Baltimore. Hubby and I may end up moving to Baltimore in the future, so I'd love to get to know the area and the people. We transplanted from CA to WI to now MD. Anyhow, congrats on the run. Hopefully another will be in our future!

SunnyGirl32
  • supersarah14
    Hey Sarah, Robin, LKuste, and Jedda-

You gals all seem wonderful! I, too, ran the Baltimore Women's Classic on Sunday! Beat my best time, and man, was it HOT HOT HOT outside! I would love to find some other running girls for another 5K one of these days. Sunday's run was my 2nd one.

My intro:
    I am 30 yrs old, a mother of one son and married to my gorgeous hubby! :love:
    I just joined MFP and currently doing weight watchers as well. I'm switching because frankly, this site is free and I just can't afford WW anymore. They seem like simliar websites, so I'll give it a try.

I recently moved to Maryland, and I live in the northeast part. About 50 minutes north of Baltimore. Hubby and I may end up moving to Baltimore in the future, so I'd love to get to know the area and the people. We transplanted from CA to WI to now MD. Anyhow, congrats on the run. Hopefully another will be in our future!

SunnyGirl32

Congrats on beating your time! Looks like it was a lucky day for both of us! :drinker:

I think thats a great idea! I'm running the Cricket 5k Baltimore Road Race on 7/24. Let me know if you guys want to join me! :happy:
  • Robin1109
    I'm currently living in downtown Baltimore! I actually have a membership to the local Brick Bodies gym. It's real close to where I work so it keeps me going regularly. I'm really trying to get into running again! I used to be able to run without thinking of time or distance when I was in high school and now I'm struggling on the couch to 5k plan! I'm determined to stick with it. I did the Figgy Pudding 5k in Fells Point last year. Granted, I hadn't even begun my new journey into weight loss so I walked 98% of it. I'd love to think that I could sign up again this year but actually run the entire thing! It's going to be at least a few months for me until I can make the run without stopping and in a decent time. But if I haven't "friended" you, expect me to! It's great to have some people kinda of local that can share ideas, support each other, and perhaps even get together for some runs or activities in the future!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Hey Everyone!!! :flowerforyou:

I have successfully completed my second 5k and every single one of the goals I'd set for myself. My first race was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I started out a lot faster than I normally run and ended up getting so tired that I had to stop twice...which is the one thing I didn't want to do. I also didn't finish it in under 35 minutes which was the time I had set for myself.

This time I paced myself in the beginning so I didn't have to stop to catch my breath and felt so great, at the end, I sprinted for the last 1/4 mile!! :bigsmile: Did I mention it had some killer hills?!?:grumble: Not a whole bunch of small ones either, but a few big ones. Even an uphill finish (lame). But it was noooo problem. :smokin:

My time for this race you ask??? 34 min and 44 sec!!!!!!!!! :drinker: YAAAYYYY!!!!!!! I just found out! I'm sooooo excited! :)

:happy: :happy: :happy:

Way to go! I know how those hills are, as I did a race in Baltimore the weekend before. Some of the ladies in my running group did the BWC. Glad you enjoyed it!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!