Does anyone know how to figure up their Juicing Calories??

Options
I don't juice on a regular basis, but would like to. In the past I just entered the actual amount of the food item that I was juicing into my food diary, but I know that is not the correct calorie count. Just like this morning I juiced a 1/3-1/2 of a cored pineapple (from the container), and naturally after juicing it only 1/4 cup of juice was produced. I know that there is a lot of waste (skin and actual pieces) when juicing. That is why I am trying to figure out a good/correct calorie count for the juice that is produced. I looked at a couple websites, but they had some very confusing ways to calculate this. Does anyone know of a more accurate way or a link to a simplified version of calculating the juice produced? Thank you for your help!

Replies

• DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I had the very same question about an hour ago so I searched the forums and I found a link to this website:

http://myphytos.com/build

You just enter how much fruit you used and it will tell you how many calories are in an 8oz serving.
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! That is awesome!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I would just log it as juice. Measure out how much juice using a liquid measuring cup.
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the problem with logging it as juice is that juice from a bottle has more calories. I do wish it were that easy though! =)
  • herecomestrouble
    herecomestrouble Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for researching and posting that link. That's great!