Mufasa_1124
Mufasa_1124 Posts: 18 Member
I cant help myself but to be a hopeless romantic
I grew up watching disney movies and I cant till that finally happens to me

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Just crazy married lady who used to think this way thoughts here...

Did you really mean to say you want a romance akin to Disney movies or am I misreading (if I'm misreading disregard what I'm about to say)? While I don't envy your having to date in today's social climate given what I know about it, Tinder sounds like the devil's app haha, its important to have realistic expectations if you want to build a successful relationship. I've been married to my very best friend for 5 years, been together 8 years, have three kids and are very much in love- but it is nowhere near DISNEY standards because we're real people. No man can live up to Prince Charming standards every day (nor should he have to given men are people to) and if you have Disney level romantic standards you could chase away someone who could potentially make you very happy!

Since you enjoy movies you should check out 112 Weddings on Netflix, it gives a really interesting look at how falling in love and riding off into the sunset with romantic flair = easy, staying in love throughout the day to day over years (decades for a couple of the interviewees) = hard.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You sometimes have to kiss a lot of frogs before one turns into a prince. :/

Oh and please be aware that small woodland animals do NOT come in and do the housework for you. :#
  • smilingmarie09
    smilingmarie09 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Eat. Pray. Love
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Awww.
  • Speedzter972
    Speedzter972 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    6mm3nd6njoca.png
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    I'll be Mufasa if you'll be Sarabi.
  • wantitforthewow
    wantitforthewow Posts: 128 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    There's good guys out there, that aren't all about the hook up, don't chase guys around do u and the right guy will come along, don't lower ur standards...ur cute ull be fine
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Do the spaghetti eating thing a la The dog movie,any and the tramp I . Mmmm spaghetti the
  • Peregrymj
    Peregrymj Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    In my experience the hookup people are only a small subset of people, usually found at bars, clubs and craigslist. Most people want a long term relationship you just have to know where to look, and get a little lucky.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I don't remember posting my spaghetti comment oops
    Don't lose faith though there are some nice romantics out there I'm sure.
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    Falling in love is easy, staying in love is a choice that requires a lot of work.
  • sadsongkrysy
    sadsongkrysy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I found my Prince but realistically there is no such thing as happily ever after, at least not the way movies portray it. Life happens, things happen, you fight, people change, get confused go through inner conflict, pain happens, it's up to you, and them to decide if it's worth the work to be together, if they are worth both the good times and the bad. The thing people....especially women...forget is that you are two seperate people, don't expect love or marriage to magically cure flaws and mistakes. Real love and commitment comes with sacrifice, communication, friendship, and those things don't always guarantee a perfect fairytale life. But I wish you luck in your search, just don't get unrealistic ideals from children's movies.
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    There's good guys out there, that aren't all about the hook up, don't chase guys around do u and the right guy will come along, don't lower ur standards...ur cute ull be fine

Agree!!!
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Do the spaghetti eating thing a la The dog movie,any and the tramp I . Mmmm spaghetti the

Haha what??
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options