After I'm finished with this diet...

Options
I have seen this in the forums before, and it saddens me. There are so many people not thinking about maintenance while losing. This thing is never going to end, so you may want to think long-term. Maybe? If not, you'll be right back where you started... Or worse off.

Don't do something that you aren't willing to do for forever. :smile: ... And it isn't a race. Maintenance is a much longer road, and it is more boring. All of the, "Wow, you've lost weight!" comments dissipate. It is lonely. Take time to enjoy weight loss, and think into the future. I am speaking from experience. Losing 40 lbs and regaining it all has made me look at weight loss in a completely different light. Hopefully you won't have to experience the failure. Good luck, people!

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Great post. I'm not dieting. I'm learning to control my portions and caloric intake for life!
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This is my thoughts too. I'm not just trying to lose weight I want to be healthy too. I thought a lot about what I want to eat in the future as well as now. I'm cooking more and trying new foods, finding healthier options and really enjoying it. I've been told a few times I'm going to fail as I've cut things out of my diet, but these are things I either never want again or will only have maybe once a month or find healthier options.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Great advice! I've been maintaining for a year and a half, and it's because I didn't "go on a diet"; I made a change in my eating habits.