Digging Deep Pushing hard Diet and loss

Options
Alright so I've been starting to take Hydro Whey Protein with 5 bcaa's per sccop before and after workouts, I put it to the test yesterday to see if it really was taking away the pain in my muscles. I did my first 4 hour workout session 4 workouts back to back, my trainers regime, my workout buddys leg day regime, and started with a 180-190 bpm treadmill for an hour and finished with another hour of it. No pain in my muscles just tiredness physically not mentally. Now I also need to mention yesterday morning i weighed 322 lbs, when i got home after the workout i weighed 318 i had also ate lunch and breakfast between these two weigh ins, now at a friends suggestion of that the weight i lost was sweat, i drank 5 cups of water, for me a cup is 40 oz so 200 oz, i also ate 2 heaping plates of spaghetti with 10 meatballs and half a can of olives and had 3 cups of water this morning and i weighed in at 320.... so was my loss actually 4 lbs,3,2 or was there no loss? I only recently started working out since the 22nd of may

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    This is one of the most stupid posts I have seen on here.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Weigh once a week. Take measurements. Also take lots of photos. You will see progress.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    At your weight, your biggest concern should be sustainability. It doesn't matter exactly how many hours you spend in the gym, it doesn't matter what brand of protein you use. What matters is that you're still doing it in a week, a month, a year.

My question, though, is how many calories are you targeting as your intake each day?
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    This must be a troll post.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Jams009 wrote: »
    This must be a troll post.

I really hope so. If not...

OP - You're approx 320 lbs, you're doing 4 hour training sessions of which one hour of them is running on a treadmill, keeping your heart rate between 180-190 beats per minute. What for the whole hour?? Are you still a smoker as per your profile pic? I wouldn't worry about your fluctuating weight during the day (normal, by the way due to food/liquid in and out and sweating), or whether that specific protein powder helps muscle fatigue, I'd be worrying about your heart giving out...!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Opinion- Weight loss is 90% eating right.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    what????

protein powder is not needed before or after a workout.
    4 hour workouts are just smh
    weight loss happens in the kitchen
    the weight you loss was probably water weight through sweat
    what was the point of doing what you did/?????
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Agree with the sustainability comment. People thinking they have to do stuff like this leads to hopelessness and failure, generally speaking. OPis this what you plan to do until you're at a healthy weight? If you start to burn out, just know that there are other, far easier ways of getting a deficit.
  • Move4Abs
    Move4Abs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I remember when I first started to workout, I knew nothing about nutrition. If you don't know, it's impossible to discuss something to the standard of someone that has been living the fitness lifestyle. Troll? Maybe. Or maybe just a beginner?

Teluge, it's ok to be new because the learning is fun and exciting...and gets you results! When you ask questions and get answers, things begin to make sense! :) From my experience, start with the basics- use myfitness pal to figure out your desired calories, look up a free two week meal plan on-line, stick to it by substituting things you don't like with something that is equal in nutrients, learn when you're hungry, when you feel good, learn "good form" in the gym (a coach is great for this), ask questions (why do workout in this order? what are we trying to achieve?), if someone looks like they know what they're doing, pull them aside, ask questions (just don't do it while they're in the middle of their squat or doing cardio :) . You do not need...that is, you should NOT, spend 4 hours in the gym unless 1. its a job you get paid for or 2. You're there for fun. Eat healthily and naturally. There are a lot of theories on protein but generally people agree that it's best after your workout, with a fruit :)