Challenge: Cold Lunches

Options
2»

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Sometimes for lunch I have 100 grams of baby carrots or celery, 2 large hard boiled eggs, an ounce or so of cheese and some fruit. It works well for me to hold me through a highly active job.

Next week I am planning to do a pasta salad with a lot of veggies in it.
  • ClarissaMcDaniel
    ClarissaMcDaniel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like light n fit vanilla Greek yogurt topped with chocolate Cheerios for lunch. I know it sounds like more of a breakfast, but...
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Nice light salads:

baby spinach leaves
    half an avocado
    cherry tomatoes
    slices of bell peppers
    boiled egg
    smoked salmon

And if you want to bulk it up with more calories then add some rice or couscous.

I tend to mix and match this kind of range of food for lunch salads, maybe some chickpeas or sometimes tuna.

Or I buy a nice base garden salad bowl and add in my favourite added ingredients (see the 'pimping lunches' thread).
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I made a mushroom omelette for my packed lunch today and it was really good cold with a salad. I'm now going to make omelettes a regular packed lunch item. I added a bit more salt than usual as everything tastes blander cold, and it worked, it was really great. You can put all sorts of fillings in them and they're quick to make and really satisfying.
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    All this week at work:

1/2 can no salt added black beans (drained & rinsed)
    1/2 avocado, sliced
    40g pico de gallo
  • mellyo77
    mellyo77 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I make a bowl - I use brown rice or quinoa, with roasted corn, tomatoes, avocado, roasted sweet potato you can add a little bit of cheese, or chicken (or any protein - beans etc) and I make a chipotle dressing with yogurt and chipotle and other stuff. Its great cold, completely nutritionally good for you, as long as you weigh everything, and you can swap it out with whatever veg protein etc you want.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Right now I am eating hard boiled eggs with avocado & cottage cheese in a tortilla. I make the egg salad ahead but don't build the 'burrito' until I'm ready to eat.
  • VegStar
    VegStar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love roasting sweet potato, mixing with cilantro, black bean and lime juice. Chill and voilà
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I like making Orzo salads with olive oil, pine nuts, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, feta cheese , fresh basil and lemon zest. I serve that as a side dish with dinner and then usually have it cold the next day for lunch.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    This stuff is even better cold than hot: ruled.me/keto-white-pizza-frittata/
    Given how much a single batch makes, it can cover lunch for a few days.
  • Haught2015
    Haught2015 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of having a greek yogurt pot with 30-40g of granola, and topping it off with chopped strawberries :) Can't do it anymore due to lactose intolerance though :(

They have Lactose free yogurt now. :)
  • kronin23
    kronin23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Watermelon