Do you go all out on vacations?

Options
fitnessjustin01
fitnessjustin01 Posts: 239 Member
I do cheat on vacation but I try not to give up completely by packing protein bars. You?

Replies

• playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yes certainly. However seeing as most years my vacation is a long weekend, and I'm usually walking hours everyday ( must find pool this year too). Then I don't worry too much.
    Would probably think differently if I had three or four weeks a year.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Nah. I generally eat better in the summer/on vacation.
  • chonji4ever
    chonji4ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I don't even worry about a 1-2 week long vacation. Have fun and enjoy the time! There is really only so much weight you can actually gain in a week or two anyways. Start tracking when you get back, and hide the scale for a week before seeing what the damage was. Family time away from work is too important to worry about a couple of pounds.
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Options
    I try not to go crazy but I also don't beat myself up if I am just enjoying myself. If it is an active vacation, I allow myself more wiggle room. If it is a lazy vacation, I stay more disciplined. I got back from Disney a week ago, and actually lost 2.5 pounds on the trip because of all the walking!
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I find that I just don't have the desire to eat crazy anymore. Vacation or not. Like the worst I had in a while has been some papa Murphy pizza and cheesecake.

Even that I didn't eat all the pizza just the toppings. Cheesecake is my downfall so I did the most with that.

I'm about to go on a trip now and let's see how that goes.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I went to an all inclusive 3 weeks ago for a week. I did bring protein bars to keep mr from eating the stuff in the mini bar. However, I ate pretty much whatever I wanted and came back 5.5 pounds heavier. That's without alcohol. I don't drink. I lost all of that plus 1 more pound in 2 weeks.

We're going away again soon, but I'll have more control since we'll be in a condo and I'll be preparing a lot of my own food and exercising more regularly.
  • dcoitino77
    dcoitino77 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You can cheat here and there while on vacation but I would still do a workout session as to not feel soo guilty lol
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Not really. I may have several days eating at or close to Maintence but I certainly don't feel that is cheating. I try to take advantage of the free time and get in more physical activity so that helps a little with some over eating. Also, we usually stay in a house with a kitchen so I eat my normal type of breakfast and lunch most days and then enjoy a more indulgent dinner/drinks in the evening.