Eating

So, I cut out sugar and carbs when I lost my 25 lbs and now I am having a hard time figuring this all out.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Are you sure? Have you been eating nothing but meat, eggs and oil?

Can you be a little more specific as to what you struggle with?
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited June 2016
    You don't say what you are struggling with. If you have gained weight back, there are some good points in this chart that might help you figure things out. Good luck. :)

foar5wxfpxbf.jpeg
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    You don't have to cut anything out. The most important thing to consider with weight loss is it's a simple matter of you eat less calories than your body needs. Since January I've lost approximately 60 pounds. Yes I do exercise but the most important thing has been calorie counting. During that. I've had cookies ice cream beer excetera excetera excetera. It's just a matter of figuring them into your daily caloric intake.

You have to get out of the mindset that you're on a diet where you're forbidden to eat something nice. For this to work, you have to develop a mindset that this is a lifestyle change and educate yourself about portion control and caloric intake. It's really that simple. Once you get into the proper mindset it's a piece of cake. The reason diets don't work is the fact that we sacrifice things that we enjoy and sometimes that we just want. I'm not giving up a beer before a round of golf or sitting on the beach drinking a beer or two.

I just fit them into my daily caloric intake and I have no guilt at all. It's that simple. I have been on diets before and I've been miserable. I'm actually enjoying myself because I'm not sacrificing anything. Use this app to help motivate you educate you. You'll see other people who are going through the same feelings and emotions that you're going through.

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    If you're switching gears to a maintenance plan, then add in calories slowly. This is called a reverse diet and will help you get your intake up with minimal/no gain in body fat. I'm working on it right now and up ~200 cal/day and have not gained anything...I'm actually still getting a bit leaner.

As for what food you eat, you don't have to cut out anything (unless you have a medical reason for doing so). Overall context of your diet is the most important thing. Work on hitting calorie, macro, and fiber goals and you can work those foods in. Here, check out this podcast where it talks about flexible dieting and why it's superior to restrictive, food-based diet plans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_yzbp82pCM
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2016
    I am wanting to speculate on what the OP is having a hard time with..

So you cut all carbs and sugar and lost 25 pounds.. and that was successful or not?? And why did you do that???

Need the back story please... !!