I'm starting tomorrow! How can I stay motivated.

Options
2»

Replies

• MRbigGUYXXL
    MRbigGUYXXL Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    by starting the day after tomorrow hahaha keeps me motivated . ........ down side is i never started :/
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    My "tomorrow" took 12 years to come. There was always an excuse, an event, something. You're going to have to learn to deal with all those things successfully, why not try now?

I totally feel you on this one. It was always 'I'll start next week, this week it's my friend's birthday' or 'I'll start in a couple months, after Christmas' or 'I'll start tomorrow' and then the next day someone would invite me to lunch and I never started to 'diet'. What I didn't realise is that I could have handled all of those things by either eating smaller portions of things I liked, making healthier choices, or taking a day out (no way am I restricting Christmas day, but Christmas isn't an excuse to binge for two months!). They were not good reasons not to start a healthier lifestyle with smaller portions. They were excuses because I didn't really want to change.
    Of course, it may be that OP is in a time zone that means 'today' is already over, or maybe 'today' is something special. Or yeah, maybe OP just didn't want to start today. Whatever it is, one day won't make too much of a difference as long as they really DO start tomorrow. Good luck, OP! I recommend the 80/20 approach. 80% nutritious food, 20% treats to keep you from feeling deprived.
  • JamesBost2016
    JamesBost2016 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I found that finding MFP friends that are motivated help me. I stay accountable to my diary daily. When I finish it for the night I'm done eating. No cheating. Other people's open diaries help me with ideas. Good luck.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    You only need to keep your motivation for a couple of weeks. After this it will become a habit.

But for the first several weeks - why don't you make a kind of a game out of it. Log all your food and then do some exercise to "earn" more food to eat :) I like taking long walks, using my pedometer and then after I get home I happily log in around 250-300 calories. That's a lot more to eat! :) Also don't forget to take before pictures. I forgot and my before picture is half way in. I regret it now. But these are very motivating once you start losing.