Former smoker

Options
I use to smoke a pack a day of Newport menthol cigarettes. Now I vape 18mg nicotine. Trying to quit the habit. Could use some support. Trying to exchange my vaping for water drinking. Only on day 6. It's a challenge , but worth the effort. Add me. I need more friends!

Replies

• kaiwooglin
    kaiwooglin Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. Its a tough journey but you will reward yourself greatly.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I also quit cigarettes through vaping.
    I smoked a pack per day for over twenty years. I was able to stop once i got a good mod and tank and the right NIC level .
    From there I cut down monthly until I was at zero NIC . At that point I was able to stop vaping. I haven't smoked a cigarette in years now.
    I took it slow and remembered that I was working towards a goal and it wouldn't happen over night for me
    I tried quitting cold turkey many times but it just didn't work for me personally.
    Just keep your goals in mind and remember that anything worth having is worth working for.
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It's not easy I know..I quit, started again,quite started again when my best friend got sick, she passed away and I still didn't quite but after my daughter was born in 2013 I stopped that same day and stated vaping not that's has stopped. It one day at a time. Add me if u like
  • ejllewellyn85
    ejllewellyn85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ahh... you're doing well then! I quit for 8 months aided by an e-cig but was virtually constantly puffing away on it, to the extent I didn't feel like I'd actually quit smoking (if that makes any sense). Accidentally started smoking roll-ups again around Christmas but have made an enquiry of the stop smoking service as I'd rather use patches/gum this time round & lose the physical association which e-cigarettes did nothing to address...

Good luck to you anyhow, let us know how it's going in a few months
  • kelliebetz297
    kelliebetz297 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking 8yrs ago.
    I changed every old habit that I had previously done, changed my route to work so I didn't have to drive past the store I purchased my smokes from, quit taking breaks with my smoke buddies, ran the AC in the car less, gum. . .tons of gum, sang a lot, helped support another who was quitting.
    Add me if you like.