Logging street party food

I've recently joined less than a week ago and I've set today's as a cheat day because in my village, we've had a street party to celebrate the queens birthday and about half the village came! My family and my dad's friends ordered a table and he brought a range of things from Cosco. As a lot of people know, you don't really concentrate or think about what you're eating at a party but I know I had a bit to eat (sandwich slices, rolls, crisps and salad). This was both my lunch and dinner as I'll probably not eat again today. Also, I went for a big walk earlier and with all the walking I've done today, its been over 12,000 steps. I'm wondering if I should log the food I ate however I don't remember all of the items I did eat so I'd probably estimate... I'm planning to have about a maximum of 3 cheat days a month so I think I'll be able to eat fewer calories tomorrow for what I ate today.
Also, it's been absolutely boiling today with the sun blazing down on us so would any calories be lost from sweating from the sun?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Log it as best you can, move on.

Being warm and sweaty doesn't burn more calories, you're just losing more water through sweating.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    When I have done eating like this, I log specifics the best I can remember and then quick add additional calories as a guesstimate. I log it all so I always have data and can average my calories for the week. No need for "cheating" -- it's just life.