I'm 188 but don't look it. (Pics included).. ?

Options
I don't quite understand this. I weigh 188.2 but it doesn't look like it. In 2 months all I've lost is inches and a few pounds. I've been doing C25k. I'm just curious to why I don't look the way I weigh

Replies

• crazydog1234
    crazydog1234 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks different with weight. Height, body type, muscle to fat ratio all make significant differences. Not sure what you're looking for here?

If you're worried you're not losing pounds, we need to go through the basics. You mentioned exercise. Are you counting your calories and logging them here according to your profile setup? Weighing your food with a food scale? Taking cheat days? Drinking enough water? How long has it been since you've started and lost?
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you think you look like you weigh more or less than 188 pounds, but I think you look great! I weigh 168 pounds and I'd KILL for my belly to be that flat.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Well, how tall are you?
  • crazydog1234
    crazydog1234 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5
  • almaddox83
    almaddox83 Posts: 69 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    kytxvyc6tkyj.png

This is posted on several community boards.....
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    almaddox83 wrote: »
    kytxvyc6tkyj.png

This is posted on several community boards.....

What really? Why? :o
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I think u look great! (And I understand why she posted the pix.This is what 20 year olds do..they take selfies.) And at 20 years old..it is a time in life that a lot of young people need to be assured where they are in comparison with others. :)
  • JaneSnowe
    Options
    Carol_ wrote: »
    I think u look great! (And I understand why she posted the pix.This is what 20 year olds do..they take selfies.) And at 20 years old..it is a time in life that a lot of young people need to be assured where they are in comparison with others. :)

They take selfies and post them on several community boards?
  • JaneSnowe
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Nvm, was looking at the wrong username.

Is this another "social experiment"? Are our comments being saved and are we going to be on the evening news?
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Oh leave her alone. Find another thread to comment on.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Multiple threads + fishing for compliments + supposedly 5'5" and 188

Something smells fishy.

Agreed. Also, why is this picture at such an angle? A standard three or four panel photo collage of the back, sides, and front is much more honest.
  • dolcemaria81
    dolcemaria81 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    kytxvyc6tkyj.png

Omg Really? This is a poor excuse for attention.If your healthy and happy should it matter whats on the scale?
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I had the same situation. At my highest weight, I did look overweight but people were pretty shocked when I told them I was about 15 lbs away from being 200 lbs. I think it had to do with my body shape and where the fat went. I am already top heavy, so some of it went to my chest and I think that made the rest of my body look smaller than it really was.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Just stop. You have posted 4+ topics fishing for compliments. Make some productive use of your time and contact a therapist for your low self esteem.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It looks like you might carry more weight on your legs and this can trick people into thinking you weigh less than the scale says.
  • newereveryday
    newereveryday Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    a2695115fd45528a25b0e8fee670b680.jpg

OMG! Where has this been all my life? It's such a helpful perspective.