Eating back fitbit adjustment

Options
2»

Replies

• ssakcik
    ssakcik Posts: 121 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thank you both... I'll have a good think... I will definitely be eating some back as that's what I did before Fitbit (I just did it manually)... I'm quite good at listening to my body and there's no way I'll starve myself... If I'm hungry I eat... I'm just not 100% sure how much to trust the Fitbit... I think I have 200+ steps added just driving to and from work... And apparently I climbed 29 floors which is strange as there's no floors at work and I've only been upstairs in our house 3 times today. Lol... So, this is what my issue is... If it's not totally accurate and recording things I haven't done... And I eat back the adjustments... Then I'm gonna be eating too much. Thing is, weight loss worked without the Fitbit, and at a healthy rate, some weeks I'd lose 1kg and some weeks nothing but it was steady... I just don't want to undo the good work I've done so far.
  • tamatisk
    tamatisk Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've got a ChargeHR and find it's adjustments match what I used to get using a chest strap and the estimates my GPS monitor gives me (when running).

Stairs are calculated based on the altimeter so if your journey to work involves going up hill it will count it. Steps will count in the car because you are moving your arm. Try putting it on your non-dominant hand and changing the settings to show this. If that doesn't work take it off during the drive.

Don't enable negative adjustments if your cap is 1200 and you are not eating back your adjustments as you'll then be eating too little.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I've found my Charge HR to be very accurate. Non-dominant hand while driving is a must. And the stair thing, I've found that if I'm outside on windy days, I get more floors (weird eh). I will also take off and put in my pocket if I'm shopping or pushing a cart/stroller.

As for everything else, I'm currently eating 90-100% of my adjustment back. And still losing slowly, about .5lb a week (which is what I'm set for). Some days I will eat up to fitbit's maintenance number but that's once every 2-3 weeks when we've got an event, like a family party or such.

Currently I have mfp set for lightly active and do not have negative adjustments enabled as I'm very rarely ever that inactive. Even on my lazy days, I get about 8000 steps and burn about 1800+ calories. MFP has me at 1560 to lose .5lb a week and says my maintenance is 1796. Those days, I may get an adjustment of 50-100 calories from fitbit.