Spaghetti & MEATBALLS !!

Options
Guys, my grandmother made spaghetti and I'm trying sooo hard not to eat any!! I just started back up trying to eat better and work out... What should I do? Will a little kill me? Or should I stay strong and get a damn salad?

Replies

• pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You can eat some. Just limit your portion and log it. :)
  • mackleemoose
    mackleemoose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You don't think I'm being weak? I've only been on my 'diet' for two days. :/
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Have a reasonable portion size. Enjoy the foods you love in moderation.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay within your caloric goals, you are not being weak. Be sure to measure the portion and log it.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    ... I am confused about why eating food makes you weak?

You might want to read the stickies about important information in the food and nutrition forum.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What kind of grandmother makes deadly meatballs?
  • mackleemoose
    mackleemoose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lol, YESSS!! That's my grandma too. She'll have things that expired 100 years ago and have no clue.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Try to find out how much of a portion you can have to keep you within your calorie goals, then fill in the balance with salad. Try to think moderation, not diet.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    You don't think I'm being weak? I've only been on my 'diet' for two days. :/

I eat spaghetti. I just watch my portions and log it.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    If grandma's cooking is good, then eat up with a portion that fits your goals. You should only be restricting calories not foods.

Actually, I just had spaghetti and meatballs for three days in a row -- all in keeping with my calorie goals. And it was delicious!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Absolutely eat some and log it. If you can, and have a food scale near you, weigh out the pasta, that is one of the things that can be very deceiving. You should not feel restricted or punished, you just need to learn moderation, not restriction. Sometimes, for some people, the more you tell yourself you can't have something, the more you'll want it, and possibly binge later. What are the chances you'll never eat your grandmothers spaghetti and meatballs ever again?

Now go enjoy some meatballs! You're making me want some! lol
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    What kind of grandmother makes deadly meatballs?
    That sounds like the making of a really bad kids movie

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I had spaghetti and (turkey) meatballs tonight! Sooo good. Eat it, girl. Just make sure you don't go overboard with your portion.

v7ij4p8amwor.jpeg
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I am also team moderation. If you restrict yourself too much, you'll just binge later.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Don't hurt grandma's feelings! Eat it and log it and adjust the rest.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I had spaghetti and (turkey) meatballs tonight! Sooo good. Eat it, girl. Just make sure you don't go overboard with your portion.

v7ij4p8amwor.jpeg

This