Home exercises

Options
Navallez
Navallez Posts: 436 Member
Hi everyone, finally on summer vacation and I want to start doing some exercises at home. Does anyone know of any you online videos that I can do. Please keep in mind that I am over 300lbs so something doable please :) I started walking and have zumba cd's but need something different. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Check out the low impact exercises on Fitnessblender.com
    Also, when I started (I was extremely unfit), I just danced around to my favorite tunes for 10-15minutes. Still do as a "cool down" after my workouts.
  • Maria_Fatima
    Maria_Fatima Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    For a heavy beginner, "10 daily exercises" by "PlaySimple" is the best application ever! Do check it out. they're doable, make you sweat and you can increase the difficulty over time. Also, I calculated that if you do those as a beginner (that means you might not be able to complete ALL reps in ALL exercises or you might not be perfect at them or you might skip one), you burn about 150 calories. Stretching is a must and yoga is amazing, so after that, I always add "10 daily yoga poses" (again, by PlaySimple) so I don't need to stretch extra and it automatically adds flexibility in your workout.
    Also, walking is easy and great for beginners who can't do much other. You can gradually increase your speed and time and if you do this workout as well as walk, you can burn a cheeky 300 calories without going too much over limits! Hope it helps. Feel free to add me :)
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies, I will look into both suggestions :)
  • i_ge_w94
    i_ge_w94 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey! I use Flex when I can't get to the gym and really like it! The classes are live-streamed by an instructor so it's like being in a class in the gym but without physically being there! Might be worth checking it out :)