FitBit - False 'Fat Burn'?

Options
Hey everyone,

I just had a check back on my heart-rate for yesterday (Sunday), in terms of exercise I went rollerblading for 15 mins to get a coffee and then 15 mins back. I also did a little bit of work just playing around trying new advanced exercises on my pull-up bar, this was little more than 10 reps max of each thing I tried and I tried 4 things. So in terms of actual 'activity' I am probably looking at about 45 minutes.

Under my time in heart rate zones I have;

Peak - 0 mins (surprised as my heart was thumping intensely after the blading)
Cardio - 7 minutes
Fat Burn - 5 hours 45 minutes.

This all took place between noon and midnight. Outside of the fact of being very surprised that I had no peak and only 7 minutes of cardio, I am most curious about a whopping 345 minutes of fat burning.

The thing is that I love to play video games, yes sat on my butt playing games working out my thumbs. Naturally though these games are exciting and adrenaline boosting.

There is also the excitement of a new special lady in my life probably having the same effect :3

Even sat here now writing this my HR is at 94.

Any advice on how to interpret all this? I struggle to see that playing video games is actually causing me to burn fat and would like to be able to see more accurate and useful data for my various forms of training.

Many thanks :)

Replies

• lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Well, just an example. I was waiting on another person in my apartment complex to come down and get their laundry out of the washer. I was getting a little irritated. I looked down at my HR and it was in fat burn zone (around 98). So it's not at all surprising it's giving you readings like that. I know when I play a challenging video game and I'm anxious, I can feel my heart practically beating out of my chest lol. You could maybe take your wristband off when you're playing video games?