Salt. Gall Dang.

Options
salt is in everything and this guy cant seem to keep his sodium jiving with his macro allotments. what are ways you deal with salt cravings? or are there alternatives to common condiments that are lower in sodium? im sure there are... just figured id ask so i have ideas in my head the next time i go to the store. salt is everywhere!!! lol

Replies

• sugarfree123
    sugarfree123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Reduce the amount of processed stuff you eat. Meat, fruit, and veges are not full of salt till we make them that way with processing.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Take a look in your diary and see if there's something high sodium you wouldn't mind cutting back on. I picked this up on clearance, $.59. I haven't tried it yet, but you can see if something like this would interest you. There's also suggest looking into unsalted spice blends. Ms. Dash is a brand that gets some decent reviews.

Personally, I don't worry too much about salt.
  • KCmac1989
    KCmac1989 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thats what i was thinking too. that i would just worry more about sweating haha ill check that out though thank you for the input :)
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Are you hardcore sure you have to avoid salt? I've had high blood pressure before and salt is supposedly verboten, but I've found salt has zero influence on my BP and I'm now completely off the BP medicine. Just from exercise, weight loss and drinking less. I really don't think salt is the Devil people make it out to be, in short.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i too love salt.. im actually not a huge sweets person unless aunt flow visits... and then its still usually salt. I dont have any health reasons that would tell me to keep an eye on it. Sometimes i go over sometimes i dont. If im having a super salty day i drink a good amount of water.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    My brother-in-law is a cardiologist and is always harping on us about watching our salt intake. I cook alot from scratch and that makes a big difference. You have to try different spices, and salt is a taste thing. If you cut back for a while, you get used to the taste of less. I can't eat potato chips, for instance, because they're way too salty for me. If you do go over once and a while up your water intake.