Meal prep?

Options
sexymom04
sexymom04 Posts: 263 Member
I'm thinking of doing meal preps but unsure how to do it?

Replies

• alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    o87pacbf7ki3.jpg

^^ the meal prep I did this afternoon for all this week's lunches.

What do you mean by you're unsure of how to do it? Which part are you unsure of?
  • sexymom04
    sexymom04 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    So just make a recipe but more and pack for every day of the week?
  • jenniferandreas693
    jenniferandreas693 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been meal prepping for a little while and I love it! You can go online and find your ideal amount of carbs/proteins, etc that you should be eating each day in order to achieve your desired results. From there you can customize your daily or weekly meals :) I'm pretty boring and usually stick with fruits for breakfast (the limit does not exist) then a half cup of whole grain rice with cooked green beans and broccoli for lunch. Then dinner is a few slices of baked chicken and another half cup of whole grain rice. It's pretty boring but really I got used to it and it's plenty to keep me going :) let me know if you need any help!
  • sawguoyi923
    sawguoyi923 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Im prepping meals.. but im having trouble as i only take in 1500 calories a day.. and i lift 5 times a week
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the first post. It will give you a lot of information. https://www.reddit.com/r/mealprepsunday
  • canadacatman
    canadacatman Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    alyssa0061 wrote: »
    o87pacbf7ki3.jpg

^^ the meal prep I did this afternoon for all this week's lunches.

What do you mean by you're unsure of how to do it? Which part are you unsure of?

Do you freeze those meals or just leave in fridge. Thanks
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Hi...check out Rachel Ray's series called 'WEEK IN A DAY', or something like that. Cook for a day, eat for a week. You may have to adjust the recipes for your protocol, or use the principles for your own recipes, but you get the idea. I typically shop on Sat morning, and cook on Sat afternoon, and I make a couple of pots of stew, chili, soup, meat sauce, etc., that I use for meals throughout the week.