Any 3rd shift workers?

Options
I work 11pm to 7am and I am just wondering how people are logging their meals when you wake up one day and go to bed the next, so at midnight my count on mfp re-starts.
Any advice would be great because im not really sure what the best way to do it is.

Replies

• michaelroberts90475
    michaelroberts90475 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I pack my lunch for the night and add it to my "dinner" for the day before. Then breakfast starts when I get up around 2pm. It's worked for awhile, just calories are messed up a bit on my days off. If anything is bought while at work, I add it to the current day. A little messed up, but that is the midnight life.
  • rennickm1986
    rennickm1986 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    In the long run it doesn't matter if your lunch and dinner is one day and your breakfast is tomorrow. Your body's metabolism is fluid and doesn't do a daily inventory for it to matter. What matters is your count over the course of a week or so to determine adjustment.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,159 Member
    Options
    I just keep it easy and log my food in the actual day. I changed my diary settings to "midnight to 6A", "6A-12noon" etc and log the food in the appropriate time slot. I keep the midnight to midnight hours as far as the calories/macros counts.
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I work from 3pm to midnight.......I set up my meals and work outs into MFP based on a midnight to midnight plan......regardless of when I sleep. For Example, I just finished a workout about 10 min ago and I am adding it into Monday, I am in Central time zone and it currently is 1:20AM for me. I am about to go to bed in an hour or so. I think the key to weird schedules is to set a cycle and stick to it.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I log midnight to midnight.
  • ladyraiah
    ladyraiah Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I do midnight to midnight. I've renamed my meals, so instead of breakfast, lunch, dinner, I have midnight-8am, 8am-5pm, and 5pm-midnight. I generally eat 3 good meals and rarely snack so it works for me.
  • Zipbsky
    Zipbsky Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I log my day from wake up to when I go to bed. I enter food in diary after midnight by hitting back arrow to "yesterday". Or, if I'm working I'll prolog as much as possible.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Zipbsky wrote: »
    I log my day from wake up to when I go to bed. I enter food in diary after midnight by hitting back arrow to "yesterday". Or, if I'm working I'll prolog as much as possible.

This. I've lost 60+ pounds working the night shift.