Need help motivation a diet plan.....

Options
:( need any motivation i can get im stuck at weight need something or someone to help me keep on track i know i should wanna do of for myself but its hard. Thank u

Replies

• goffma
    goffma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Focus on why you are doing this. Why you have decided to lose weight. Is it an event that you are going to? That dress that you want to buy. The passing comment someone made. The picture of yourself you hated.
    Now become a time traveller. Jump to the time when you have lost the weight. You have achieved the goal. You are looking at yourself on that dress. You are looking at the before and after photos. You are turning heads. Now is important in your mind but being able to to time travel to the place you want to be and how you will feel when you get there, is what keeps you on the road.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You design your own diet or meal plan. Pick food you like and food you think is healthy, weigh and log it, and try to hit your calorie goal every day. Your plan should also be synched with your daily schedule, and then it won't be all that hard to stay "on track". Good luck :)
  • marrufo06
    marrufo06 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank u both ur guys r amazing
  • MudderGrad
    MudderGrad Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with goffma... You first need to figure out WHY you want to lose weight. Make sure yo write out why you want to lose weight and then place this list somewhere where you'll see it every single day. You can also find other weight loss motivation ideas over at Pinterest. People share some great visuals that you can check out.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    MudderGrad wrote: »
    I agree with goffma... You first need to figure out WHY you want to lose weight. Make sure yo write out why you want to lose weight and then place this list somewhere where you'll see it every single day. You can also find other weight loss motivation ideas over at Pinterest. People share some great visuals that you can check out.

This is a great idea. I wrote my whys on an index card and I keep it with me at all times. I also have them taped to the fridge door for those times I'm tempted to go off track.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It is hard to lose weight, but it is harder to live a life being severely overweight. You must decide WHY you want to do this and how badly you REALLY want it. That's what keeps you going.

I wish I could give every young person one day of feeling how I felt 2 years ago, after 30 years of steadily gaining weight, 5-10 lbs per year. I felt horrible physically and mentally. Not wanting to return there is what keeps me going. If you could experience that, you would do it too.

My other tip is to establish a PLAN, habits, as others said above. Follow that plan whether or not you "feel motivated." Feeling motivated comes and goes. I don't "feel motivated" most days, I just do what I've decided to do.

SW 301
    CW 159
    GW 150!!!
  • sandym2775
    sandym2775 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If u don't mind me asking, can u please share some tips on how u have achieved ur weightloss?
  • marrufo06
    marrufo06 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    It is hard to lose weight, but it is harder to live a life being severely overweight. You must decide WHY you want to do this and how badly you REALLY want it. That's what keeps you going.

I wish I could give every young person one day of feeling how I felt 2 years ago, after 30 years of steadily gaining weight, 5-10 lbs per year. I felt horrible physically and mentally. Not wanting to return there is what keeps me going. If you could experience that, you would do it too.

My other tip is to establish a PLAN, habits, as others said above. Follow that plan whether or not you "feel motivated." Feeling motivated comes and goes. I don't "feel motivated" most days, I just do what I've decided to do.

SW 301
    CW 159
    GW 150!!!

Kick assssssz woot woot what where some of ur meals
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    The only other thing I'm going to add is your why has to be totally selfish. It cant be for your significant other it can't be for the kids. It has to be totally for you. Once you find out why for yourself all the secondary whys become easy and fall into place. Also realize you are worth it.

As far as the weight loss it's really simple eat less calories then your body needs and you'll lose weight. The tough part is finding the Y.
  • sandym2775
    Options
    I found the why a while ago which is why I am dieting... It is about me and my health!!!
  • tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Step one Sandy: You're not dieting. You are changing your life. Dieting sounds like an end point and there is no end point... These changes are forever and you should look at them as such. Weigh your food, move with purpose, lift heavy things and be kind to yourself.
  • sandym2775
    Options
    Thank u so much for your tips and suggestions. I truly appreciate everyone's time!!!