Any other early risers out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I'm almost always up between 5-6:20-ish, before my alarm clock even goes off. I eat and then workout before 8am. I love waking up early, but it can be annoying sometimes. I'm busy, so when I see an opportunity to get 8 hours of sleep, I like to take it, but I tend to wake up after 6 and a half hours of sleep.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    So do you get 8 hours? I want to be an early riser SOOO BAD, but my lazy body just wants to sleep

In bed at 9. Thug life
  • boyer324
    boyer324 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am up at 4:30a for work.. I did try to get my workouts in when I woke up but I was afraid of waking the kids so I workout in the afternoons when I get home. I do find that it is harder to be motivated to workout after being up and on my feet for 8 hours..
  • jbowens78
    jbowens78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    To be consistent with my workouts, I have to get up and work out first thing at 4:30am, est. It's not easy to maintain!! Would live the added accountability from others who do the same :)
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I can be up as early as the sun is up. so in summer I become an early riser but in winter I have a hell of a time getting out of bed while it's still dark out.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I am usually up between 5 and 6. If I don't get up with my alarm at 5:30, my toddler usually wakes me up before 6. My wife and I have a deal-I get up most days with our son, but one weekend day a week I get to sleep in...oddly I find that day it is harder to get moving than when I am just up and going.
  • webtracer
    webtracer Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    So do you get 8 hours? I want to be an early riser SOOO BAD, but my lazy body just wants to sleep

I tend to go to sleep at 11:30 and up at 3:30

Needless to say ... when the weekends come, I try and get closer to 8 hours of sleep that I do during the work week LOL
  • LouPerseghin
    LouPerseghin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I get up between 4:45 and 5, and do 30-40 minutes of yoga right away. I set all my breakfast things out the night before, so I usually finish up breakfast by 6 and have my coffee until my son wakes up, sometime between 6 and 6:30.

I found that the trick for me was setting out my shirt, shorts, sandals and sweatshirt so they're on the dresser right next to my alarm and I can get dressed immediately. Once I'm dressed I won't get back in bed, but on the occasion I don't put out clothes, I can't help but get an extra 30-40 minutes.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I have always gone by my own sleep schedule. When I don't sleep well, I can't function, so I have planned around it, and I've been able to for the most part. Not having kids has helped this lol!

When I was younger, I was more of a night owl, so I would stay up later and sleep later. But almost always at LEAST 8 hours, usually 9 was better.

Then sometime maybe two summers ago, my body clock naturally shifted and I started to wake up at about 5 a.m. I resisted that at first, but eventually just went with it. I feel better when I just get up and start my day.
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning person too! Feel at my best when I rise early, work out and get on with the day. It helps me so much with having a productive day and helps me to get into the office early. I aim to be up at 5am. 4:45am is ideal though. My only difficulty is if I'm not getting to bed early enough. That gets me out of the routine and then I struggle to get back into it. What time zone are you in re the whatsapp group? I'd love something like that to keep me on track!
  • LuanaBean
    LuanaBean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I get up about 5:30. I'm a high-energy morning person. I like to start my day reading and meditating and drinking coffee and thinking. Then I work out before going to work. I'm usually asleep by 11:00 at night. (I go to bed about 10 or 10:30 and read before lights out). As I get older, I need less sleep about five or six hours.
  • teamgiff4
    teamgiff4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    No.
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:30am M-F and am at the gym by 5:10am. I should really go to bed earlier, but it's typically around 10-10:30pm.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I am in the hot & humid south so I like to run early to beat the heat. Up at 4:30 no alarm needed and out the door by 4:45. This has cured my insomnia and prefer to go to bed between 9:30 & 10:00. I also enjoy the very light traffic, watching the city wake up and the first ray of sun.