Who has had long term/big success with TDEE-20%??

Options
2»

Replies

• nspink22
    nspink22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I started out here at 1200 cal like many other people. I switched to TDEE-20% within my first month and have been ever since. I have had one week where I had a very small gain and that was during a week where I was sick and didn't eat enough. I have lost steadily every week since. I am also very small (under 5 feet) and i need all the calories I can get. I have lost 27 lbs since Jan 30 and have a minimum of 18 more to go.

Just out of curiosity, how many cals do you eat per day? I'm 26,5'2" and 138. My TDEE-20% with 3-5 hrs. exercise/week is around 1750. Seems like a lot to me. I just want to make sure I'm not completely off base...
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I started out here at 1200 cal like many other people. I switched to TDEE-20% within my first month and have been ever since. I have had one week where I had a very small gain and that was during a week where I was sick and didn't eat enough. I have lost steadily every week since. I am also very small (under 5 feet) and i need all the calories I can get. I have lost 27 lbs since Jan 30 and have a minimum of 18 more to go.

Just out of curiosity, how many cals do you eat per day? I'm 26,5'2" and 138. My TDEE-20% with 3-5 hrs. exercise/week is around 1750. Seems like a lot to me. I just want to make sure I'm not completely off base...
    that's not a lot. at all.
  • nspink22
    nspink22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

that's not a lot. at all.

Alright. I'll believe you!
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options

With light exercise (1-3 hrs per week), my TDEE-20% is 1470. I am 4'11 and 133 lbs. If I increased my exercise, it would be more like 1650. And I am 37 y/o.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd mention that some people like me don't lose many pounds but do lose inches with the TDEE-20% method. So if you decide to give it a shot take your measurements every couple of weeks to compare just in case your weight stays the same or changes slowly. Keep in mind that inches lost means fat loss. Not seeing the number on the scale go down can be disheartening but fitting into smaller clothes will keep you motivated.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!